+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Elementary Schools in B.C. Enquiries

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
I am planning to come to canada as a student , my daughter is in grade 7 presently , please suggest good schools in BC,
If we arrive in JAN , will schools give admission.
You will need to check with the school board. You can read the school rankings in Fraser institute (although not all schools are listed).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
I am planning to come to canada as a student , my daughter is in grade 7 presently , please suggest good schools in BC,
If we arrive in JAN , will schools give admission.
What school she will attend is determined by where you live and what type of a schooling she wants to attend (Catholic, English/French). Your child will need a TRV to accompany you and you'll need to prove that you have the extra funds to support you. Having family join you as an international student is not guaranteed. The cost of childcare and housing is very expensive in Canada and especially in BC.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What school she will attend is determined by where you live and what type of a schooling she wants to attend (Catholic, English/French). Your child will need a TRV to accompany you and you'll need to prove that you have the extra funds to support you. Having family join you as an international student is not guaranteed. The cost of childcare and housing is very expensive in Canada and especially in BC.
Agree with canuck78.

If the child is only in 7th grade, she will likely need some after school childcare or activities and that's not covered by government funding. The cost of childcare needed to be part of the budget. It may be legal to leave a kid of 12 and older at home alone. But for someone whose new to a country, that doesn't sound safe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree with canuck78.

If the child is only in 7th grade, she will likely need some after school childcare or activities and that's not covered by government funding. The cost of childcare needed to be part of the budget. It may be legal to leave a kid of 12 and older at home alone. But for someone whose new to a country, that doesn't sound safe.
Even if a child can stay at home alone for an hour, you would be limited on your ability to work without childcare. I rememberbeing home for an hour after school waiting for a parent returning from work but I had drop off at home and lived in a very safe neighbourhood.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Even if a child can stay at home alone for an hour, you would be limited on your ability to work without childcare. I rememberbeing home for an hour after school waiting for a parent returning from work but I had drop off at home and lived in a very safe neighbourhood.
some ppl have different idea of leaving child at home alone. I just want to give ROSELYNNE a headsup to not do it. (even it's in theory legal)
A child left alone at a lock home can be dangerous and mentally stressful for the child. (think about trying to "escape" from a locked home.. ?! A lot can happen without adult supervisin) So YES, she should planned to pay for childcare.

Reactions: canuck78

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
some ppl have different idea of leaving child at home alone. I just want to give ROSELYNNE a headsup to not do it. (even it's in theory legal)
A child left alone at a lock home can be dangerous and mentally stressful for the child. (think about trying to "escape" from a locked home.. ?! A lot can happen without adult supervisin) So YES, she should planned to pay for childcare.
Even leaving a group of children without adult supervision can be dangerous. I remembered my neice went to her friend's house for gathering and her friend alerted the local fire department by accident. The parents were called to handle the situation afterwards.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even leaving a group of children without adult supervision can be dangerous. I remembered my neice went to her friend's house for gathering and her friend alerted the local fire department by accident. The parents were called to handle the situation afterwards.
Accidentally calling the fire department is not dangerous.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Accidentally calling the fire department is not dangerous.
Ya, you go and do that. You could have considerably slow down their response time for handling a real fire and other emergencies.

Accidentally starting a fire is dangerous.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ya, you go and do that. You could have considerably slow down their response time for handling a real fire and other emergencies.

Accidentally starting a fire is dangerous.
There was no mention of fire. There are actually very few actual fires. Fire department primarily do other things than fighting actual fires.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was no mention of fire department doing other things than fighting actual fires.