+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronic Fingerprinting vs Traditional

khan9899

Feb 17, 2009
Dear Seniors,

There is lot of talk in the forum regarding fingerprints getting rejected by FBI because they are not taken properly. Can somebody please guide me which is a better process to go for, Electronic fingerprinting or the traditional ink based.

Also, the FBI website doesn't indicate anything regarding electronic fingerprinting, so wondering if they actually accept electronic fingerprinting or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khan9899 said:
Dear Seniors,

There is lot of talk in the forum regarding fingerprints getting rejected by FBI because they are not taken properly. Can somebody please guide me which is a better process to go for, Electronic fingerprinting or the traditional ink based.

Also, the FBI website doesn't indicate anything regarding electronic fingerprinting, so wondering if they actually accept electronic fingerprinting or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Since they don't accept digital prints, paper is the only way.

PMM

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Call your local Police station and ask them if they take Fingerprints for background check. If they do, go to them - if not, ask them where in the city does the Police do it .... may be the Sheriff's station does it.
Mind you, if the local Police/ Sheriff has taken the finger prints, it will be acceptable by FBI.
Mostly, I have seen that fingerprinting is done electronically and printed on a photo paper by the station itself and given to you.
Hope this helps

khan9899 said:
Dear Seniors,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

karl said:
Call your local Police station and ask them if they take Fingerprints for background check. If they do, go to them - if not, ask them where in the city does the Police do it .... may be the Sheriff's station does it.
Mind you, if the local Police/ Sheriff has taken the finger prints, it will be acceptable by FBI.
Mostly, I have seen that fingerprinting is done electronically and printed on a photo paper by the station itself and given to you.
Hope this helps
If you are in the US you can get them done at UPS.

PMM

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
You can even check with University Police Stations, they normally do it for a minimal charge. The electronic fingerprints that are printed on FBI card have a very low probability of being rejected.

PMM said:
Hi

If you are in the US you can get them done at UPS.

PMM

Alexje

May 12, 2010
Hi there,

Persons living in Canada can not submit their fingerprints electronically to the FBI. They have to get their fingerprints taken on FBI card and to send it to FBI.

These days, some agencies are able to digitally take fingerprints on FBI card with livescan device. Those fingerprints are much better than traditional ink & roll prints.

I got my fingerprints done from the following RCMP accredited and certified fingerprinting agency:

Worldwide Forensic Services Inc.
Fingerprinting Division
55 Town Centre Court, Suite 642
Scarborough ON M1P 4X4
Ph. 416-915-7139
fingerscan.ca

They are forensic professionals and I believe they are proficient in taking digital and ink & roll fingerprints.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had mine done at the local police station here in Ontario, they were rejected by FBI. The second time I went to Toronto/Scarborough. Even though the local police here in Ontario did an OK job in comparing the two (I had them redone at the local police station) there was a noticeable difference.

Here is where I went the second time:
International Fingerprinting Service
4002 Sheppard Ave. E suite 206
Scarborough, ON M1S1S6
(416) 293-2030

They are experienced in doing prints for the FBI clearance, and specifically for immigration purposes.

HappyJasmine

Feb 25, 2012
Alex is right...

I also got my fingerprints taken by Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. (fingerscan.ca) and they provided best services. I found them to be less expensive and more friendly than the other fingerprinting agencies in Toronto area.

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012