+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian passport biographical page is in both English and Arabic: translate?

snoopy719

Nov 27, 2016
Hello All,

I have a somewhat specific question. To apply for Canadian citizenship, a PR must include a photocopy of biographical pages of passports. If the biographical page is not in English, then it must be translated.

The biographical page for the Egyptian passport has all the key information in both English and Arabic. This includes the name, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, nationality, date of issue of passport, date of expiry of passport, and profession. There is additional information that is only in Arabic. This additional Arabic-only information includes: (Egyptian) national ID number, and address (in Egypt). For women, the Arabic-only information includes: the name and nationality of the woman's husband. For men, the Arabic-only information includes whether or not the man is exempted from compulsory military service.

My question is: should the biographical page be translated? On the one hand, all the relevant information is already there in English. On the other hand, I can see how an immigration official might be concerned if there some Arabic fields that are not translated (they might wonder what those fields are saying).

Has anybody had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Snoopy

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Usually stamps on Egyptian passport in Arabic and English languages so it must be translated.

If you have stamps on your passport my advice is to translate all the stamps plus the biographical page and send the original translation with the application as mentioned in the document checklist of the application.

aboamr

Sep 9, 2012
snoopy719 said:
Hello All,

I have a somewhat specific question. To apply for Canadian citizenship, a PR must include a photocopy of biographical pages of passports. If the biographical page is not in English, then it must be translated.

The biographical page for the Egyptian passport has all the key information in both English and Arabic. This includes the name, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, nationality, date of issue of passport, date of expiry of passport, and profession. There is additional information that is only in Arabic. This additional Arabic-only information includes: (Egyptian) national ID number, and address (in Egypt). For women, the Arabic-only information includes: the name and nationality of the woman's husband. For men, the Arabic-only information includes whether or not the man is exempted from compulsory military service.

My question is: should the biographical page be translated? On the one hand, all the relevant information is already there in English. On the other hand, I can see how an immigration official might be concerned if there some Arabic fields that are not translated (they might wonder what those fields are saying).

Has anybody had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Snoopy
hi I'm egyptian-no need for translation

aboamr

Sep 9, 2012
Fochi said:
Usually stamps on Egyptian passport in Arabic and English languages so it must be translated.

If you have stamps on your passport my advice is to translate all the stamps plus the biographical page and send the original translation with the application as mentioned in the document checklist of the application.
stamps translation ONLY when you go for test(during the interview)
)

Winsen

Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend has just got his citizenship. He's sent his moroccan passport copy (biographical page was in arabic, french and english) and he was never asked to submit a translation.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Winsen said:
My friend has just got his citizenship. He's sent his moroccan passport copy (biographical page was in arabic, french and english) and he was never asked to submit a translation.
That is a different case Winsen, you said your friend's passport was in three languages (including the two official languages of Canada French and English). snoopy719 is asking if he/she needs a translation of a passport that is partially in English, but all the info is in Arabic. I would recommend you translate it just out of caution; aboamr suggested he applied with it and was accepted. However, if the officers realize not ALL the information provided in Arabic is provided in English too, then they will return your application. Better be safe than sorry.