+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education in Canada and GED test

alexsan

May 16, 2010
hello,I have a few questions about the education in Canada and the GED test. My family is moving to Canada, and to tell the truth i think i failed to get high school diploma since my grades aren't high enough and i failed few subject. is it possible for me to go to college or university without high school diploma?
i got one more question, i heard there is a test called GED, can someone explain what this test is and what are the requirements to take it and if it can help me get into college and university.
::)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it would be best once you figure out what you want to study that you talk to the college you want to go to and ask them what they require. Colleges with job related courses do not always require a high school diploma.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
GED programs are basically for adults who did not manage to get a HIGH school certificate or qualification and allows u to complete the requirements required by colleges or particularly univs in gaining admissions to certain programs that require u to have specific requirements. Examples, would be in all engineering program, u would need Physics 30, Chemistry 30, Math 30 and 31, which is a basic requirement for all grade 12s in canada or AP for USA students to gain admissions to their programs in engineering or in Business programs, u need to have Math 30 with some other courses in order to gain admission to the programs intended.

alexsan

May 16, 2010
abelkwh said:
GED programs are basically for adults who did not manage to get a HIGH school certificate or qualification and allows u to complete the requirements required by colleges or particularly univs in gaining admissions to certain programs that require u to have specific requirements. Examples, would be in all engineering program, u would need Physics 30, Chemistry 30, Math 30 and 31, which is a basic requirement for all grade 12s in canada or AP for USA students to gain admissions to their programs in engineering or in Business programs, u need to have Math 30 with some other courses in order to gain admission to the programs intended.
okay i think i got most of it, but there one thing i don't understand what is Physics 30, Chemistry 30, Math 30 and 31? i mean what the numbers stand for?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Physics 30, chemistry 30 or a course with 30 is simply a code that identifies that it is a grade 12 course, which is equal to british standard A levels or Advanced placement in the US system.