+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS in progress, leaving Canada, Need Advise

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
I am FSW Inland applicant, My ECAS went "in process" on August 15, since then no news. My job in Canada ending on September 18 (Next week).

Although I have given up all the hopes of getting the PR (Because they will deduct 600 LMIA points from my score for not having a "permanent" job offer) but just to make the process right, I wanted to know if I should update my status in my profile that I am leaving Canada or not? if yes, then where and how I should update that?

Thanks,

Rohit

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have claimed 600 points for a job offer then YES, you need to inform them through a CSE.

If you have obtained an ITA without those additional 600 points, then you can update your address in ECAS and that should be good enough. CIC will get back to you if they need the relieving letter at a later point.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
sjrohit said:
I am FSW Inland applicant, My ECAS went "in process" on August 15, since then no news. My job in Canada ending on September 18 (Next week).

Although I have given up all the hopes of getting the PR (Because they will deduct 600 LMIA points from my score for not having a "permanent" job offer) but just to make the process right, I wanted to know if I should update my status in my profile that I am leaving Canada or not? if yes, then where and how I should update that?

Thanks,

Rohit
I don't understand why a company went through the LMIA process for you and only to give you temporary work? Haven't you got employment with them for at least 2 years?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjrohit said:

Thanks,

Rohit
One of the most common reasons for denial of an application is that the employer of an LMIA-based applicant did not offer a permanent job if the applicant was granted PR. That seems to be your case. Still, in the hope that things will work out for you, you should send a CSE with new details of how to contact you. Good luck!

PS: If you really have given up all hope of getting PR, it MIGHT be possible to withdraw your application and at least get your money back. You should call CIC and ask about that if you think it's what you might want to do.

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Thanks all for the suggestions. So when you say I should inform them through "CSE", what exactly do you mean?