+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA query

shazza90

Nov 29, 2020
Sydney
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys,

I was wondering what is the WES equivalent of a diploma in Project management. I did the 1 year course in Australia and it says it's a AQF level 5 study.

Can I get in any points for this in Express entry?

Kind regards

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello guys,

I was wondering what is the WES equivalent of a diploma in Project management. I did the 1 year course in Australia and it says it's a AQF level 5 study.

Kind regards
Do you have a bachelor degree?
Do you have a certificate for PM diploma?
Do you have an ECA for any of the above?

shazza90

Nov 29, 2020
Sydney
Category........
STUDY
Do you have a bachelor degree?
Do you have a certificate for PM diploma?
Do you have an ECA for any of the above?
Hi Bacelor,

I have an ECA for my BEng Honours degree, WES has evaluated it has a Canadian Bachelors 4 years degree.

However, the diploma I am talking about is just a 1 year course and the level of study in Australia was less than Bachelors degree but higher than Secondary school. So I'm not sure if I am able to claim any points for this 1 year diploma in Project Management.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi Bacelor,

I have an ECA for my BEng Honours degree, WES has evaluated it has a Canadian Bachelors 4 years degree.

However, the diploma I am talking about is just a 1 year course and the level of study in Australia was less than Bachelors degree but higher than Secondary school. So I'm not sure if I am able to claim any points for this 1 year diploma in Project Management.
So far is good
You only need an ECA for you Australian certificate to claim two or more certificates points.
Try to contact WES to figure it out.
Or simply send the certificate and transcripts to WES for ECA evaluation with a copy of your existing ECA and let them deal with it anyway.
No one can guess the potential ECA result however i suggest its worth it so go for it even if it is less than year certificate (i understand yours is one year program), if it was evaluated by WES then you nailed it.

It doesn't matter what do i or you or anyone evaluates it only WES or (other recognized institutions) matter.

Good luck and keep us posted

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
%
Hello guys,

Kind regards
A hypothetical response

Your ECA for the 1 year program will be equivalent to ONE YEAR PROGRAM AT A UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE, TRADE OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL OR OTHER INSTITUTE to claim for CRS. The probability for this assessment is 90% and above

combined with your Undergraduate course ECA you can claim CRS for TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES , DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF THREE OR MORE YEARS

hope this speculation leaves you with good hope and satisfaction