+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Earliest a person can travel before commencement of course

Khurrammalik

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Asking for a friend

Ppr received (on loa for january session and since withdrew) before new loa (sep session) sent to cic, currently holding an offer letter for the sep session, how early is it possible to travel to canada? And is student travel considered as essential? At the moment.
Does it change if the course is online only?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If course is in September, your friend will want to travel 4-6 weeks before the course date. Due to COVID, your friend should not enter early or could be turned away and sent home.

Khurrammalik

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
If course is in September, your friend will want to travel 4-6 weeks before the course date. Due to COVID, your friend should not enter early or could be turned away and sent home.
What date would be stamped on the passport? As this was recieved for the january session

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What date would be stamped on the passport? As this was recieved for the january session
He can't work until he starts studying full-time. If he has already advised IRCC that he has changed his course to September then the database would have been changed. There would be no reason why he would travel now if he started studying in January.

Khurrammalik

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
He can't work until he starts studying full-time. If he has already advised IRCC that he has changed his course to September then the database would have been changed. There would be no reason why he would travel now if he started studying in January.
Isnt there a set number of days in which you must enter? As my understanding the student permit is issued when landed there

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Isnt there a set number of days in which you must enter? As my understanding the student permit is issued when landed there
No set amount of time but you are coming to study so it would not make sense to fly now and there is increased risk you will work illegally if you arrive early. If you have family and extra funds you may be able to justify arriving a few months early but it is a risk.

Mann002

Jan 4, 2020
Hi can anyone help me i have got my passport stamped and i already have defered my course from jan to may intake so do i need to send a webform to ircc for letting them know or as i already got my visa i can travel directly and my course is starting in 7th may so what earliest date i can travel to canada ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi can anyone help me i have got my passport stamped and i already have defered my course from jan to may intake so do i need to send a webform to ircc for letting them know or as i already got my visa i can travel directly and my course is starting in 7th may so what earliest date i can travel to canada ???
4-6 weeks prior.