+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duties of an occupation: Just the way it is in the NOC?

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
If I I fall in the description of my occupation in the NOC, should I put my duties down the way it is on the NOC website in order not to make a mistake or should I paraphrase it?

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you should paraphrase it to make it seem like you didn't copy it directly from their website. Maybe they don't care if you copy it from their website but they might consider it plagiarism.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
What you can do is have a table with two columns, one side with the NOC duties, and then on the other size you write in your own words what exactly you did.

For example, for the NOC "University Professor", one of the duties is "Teach undergraduate courses". Then you could write the list of courses that you taught: the course title, a brief description of the subject, the number of hours, perhaps the number of students.

Another duty is "conduct research", then you could list some of the recent projects you've been engaged on.

that's just a suggestion, of course. :)

china786

Dec 16, 2008
Hey Leon if Canadian PM can do plagiarism then y not allow a new immigrant to plagiarize a little?????

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
DO we need to write the main title for the NOC or exactly our title. for example I need to fill as 4131 the main title is "College and Other Vocational Instructors", so in the occupation field of the form do I need to write that title or my actual title which is one of the subtitles of the 4131. also if there is no enough space in this field is it better to write the full title in attached paper or what? please help.