+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intent/GTF/Landing

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Hi all

We have PR in for husband and he has AOR; I am the sponsor living in UK.

We are moving back over at the end of March, slightly arduous route as we bringing dog over from UK via France/NY/Seattle.

My sister is picking me up in Seattle with the dog and driving across the border. Our current plan is to have husband (PA) fly from Seattle and land in YVR seperately as I will need to do GTF process at the land border in BC - I think this reduces the risk/scrutiny of his entry if he is on his own.
However, I now need to do a last minute trip back to YVR next week on my own. My thought is I use this oppourtunity to declare my GTF as returning resident so that we can just enter in March together.
I also understand he needs a stamp in his passport as he intends to apply for OWP once we are living in BC and he needs to request this at POE (YVR uses Kiosks) but would him using ArriveCan and having the reciept in the app be proof of status? And should he havea copy of the AOR on him along with return ticket/onward travel from Canada when he enters?

Appreciate any thoughts on this - my land crossing with dog is sort of non negotiable.