+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Down after reading topics on Applying within Canada

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello All,

I have noticed that people who are married to a Canadian, got to Canada on visitors visa and decided to apply within Canada to get their PR on spousal status had a lot of bad experiences. I must be honest, I don't get why Canada has this type of application process if they are going to make you have hard time of it.

Now I should think twice about my plans and I welcome any advice from you guys. I married my wife who is a Canadian Citizen (by birth) 5 years ago in Turkey. We also lived together for 1.5 years before our marriage. We lived in Korea for a while as my wife had a good job offer after our marriage and got back to Turkey because we were going to have a child. Now we have a 3 and half years old daughter who holds both Canadian and Turkish Citizenship. As you may understand we never stayed away from each other more than 15 days during all these years. Because our daughter is reaching pre-school age, we decided to move to Canada for her. I had my businesses to take care here in Turkey, so I sent them to Canada earlier to enjoy a bit of good weather before the snow falls. They are in Canada right now and preparing to get settled and waiting me to help them. I am in Turkey about to conclude my business problems and was planning to get to Canada on visitors visa first and then apply for PR to be able to be together even though I have to wait for approval. As both my wife and daughter are not used to be away from me this long, this situation has already been very difficult on them (especially my daughter). And now, as far as I understand from the related topics, I have two options;

1. Take all the risk and go to Canada on visitors visa (if I can persuade the officers). Start the application within Canada and hope that if my visa expires they will renew it in Canada during the PR process. and of course forget about leaving Canada until the PR is approved even though someone from my family dies.

2. Get my wife and kid back on the plane and make them return to Turkey where they will not face such nonsense. And let my wife curse at her home land's policies and be devistated.

Well if you have any road map to sort this out, please do let me know.

Best wishes and luck to all of you who have successfully got their PR and hoping to get one.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
chelidio

Your wife can sponsor you from within Turkey because she's a Canadian citizen.

Your daughter wouldn't start school in Canada right away, but at least your family wouldn't be apart.

TG

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Thanks for the reply Thaiguy,

I have just tought about this all over again. If this wasn't for my daughter, nobody could make me do it. But I am just going to do it the way CIC wants it. Will keep them there and make sure they are comfortable and get my wife to fill in the sponsorship application and I will fill in what is on my part. I will stay here in Turkey and wait until I receive my PR. Well I am sure they won't be happy to hear this, but I know this is what they want eventually. I downloaded the forms and the guides and I will get the necessary paperwork ready as soon as possible. I noticed processing times here in Ankara is between 2-5 months. So We will get through it somehow.

I will need some help from experienced members here thou as my situation is really difficult to tell in those forms. For example it confuses me what to fill in as a dependant child. Of course my child is dependant on me and my wife. But she also is a Canadian citizen. She will not be accompanying me as she is already in Canada. And we lived in South Korea for a while in the last 10 years. I noticed special forms must be filled for that. As well how will I get a police clearance out of Korea when I can't even remember what my addresses were. Oh it is going to be a hell of a time when I think about it.

I have two degrees and a masters but can't get my mind around all these.