10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi all,

My visa got refused twice from UAE (no GIC option in UAE). I'm planning to re submit my application from India. If I take a GIC from scotia bank and if the visa get refused again, is the money 100% refundable or will they charge any percentage while refunding.

&

Anyone got the visa for the 3rd try?

Thank you

dok

Apr 20, 2014
praveen1989 said:
Anyone got the visa for the 3rd try?
For the 3rd time, I think it's not advisable. You should make sure that your circumstance has significantly changed before applying again. Normally, students in this forum (from India) who got refused under the SPP category apply again for the second time under the general category and get their study permit approved.
Why were you refused? The same reason as the first? Are you from India? Did you first apply under the SPP or general?

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Thanks DOK

Yes, I'm from India, currently settled in UAE. There is no SPP here, only general (I guess). What is the difference between SPP and General?

First refusal:
-Not enough finance to support my tuition fees, living cost and transport cost. (fixed)
Under not satisfied that I will leave Canada.
-Travel History (fixed)
-Immigration Status (fixed)
-Purpose of Visit
-Family Ties in Canada or country of residence (fixed)
-Employment Situation
-Personal Assets and Financial Status (fixed)

Second Refusal:
-Current employment situation (I know how to fix this)
-Limited employment prospects in your country of residence (how to fix this bug? :mad:)
Other Reason
-Not satisfied proposed studies are reasonable in light of your level of establishment. (they are not the one who decide my future or what studies I have to take)

My current job in UAE is an objection to get the visa, so I decided to resign and re apply from India.(This is my first hope)

One of my friend got refused 4 times and got visa on his 5th try two years back, he confidently applied for the same course in the same college and once VO thinks he is serious about it, they will approve.(this is my second hope)

Thank You :)

dok

Apr 20, 2014
praveen1989 said:
What is the difference between SPP and General? For the general, every student attending a university program can apply through it. You can read more about the SPP in your country here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-SPP-liste-etudes-PPE.aspx

First refusal:
-Travel History (fixed) - how did you fix this within a matter of weeks?

-Personal Assets and Financial Status (fixed) - how did you fix this within a matter of weeks?

Second Refusal:
-Limited employment prospects in your country of residence (how to fix this bug? :mad:) - This's because you're not living in your home country and where you live now, you probably went there to work under a work permit and you don't have right of abode in this country. So it means there is limited employment prospects for you at this place and presummably your home country. Possibly it would have been better if you had previously applied from your home country. If you were rather studying in UAE, then it wouldn't have been a problem at all. I advise you should wait for the next academic term to re-apply. Applying within weeks just after the second refusal isn't recommended.

Other Reason
-Not satisfied proposed studies are reasonable in light of your level of establishment. (they are not the one who decide my future or what studies I have to take) - there should be a link between your previous studies and or work to the program you now intend pursuing. If there is no such link, then you should add SOP explaining why you intend taking such program and how it'll help you or increase your employability in your country.

My current job in UAE is an objection to get the visa, so I decided to resign and re apply from India.(This is my first hope) - I don't think this'll make a difference within this short time. At least the visa officer may view it as a way of manipulation to get visa. Sometimes you should give yourself some time for this to look genuine and natural.

One of my friend got refused 4 times and got visa on his 5th try two years back, he confidently applied for the same course in the same college and once VO thinks he is serious about it, they will approve.(this is my second hope) - Yes, all what they need is someone who is serious about their intentions. Soemtimes when you're refused visa more than twice, you've to wait for some time to pass by to work on the weak points. Your friend waited for two years and that's his circcumstance could have changed over this period. You too could wait for at least the next academic term. However, if you've the money then you can give it a trial now, but it's not advisable.

Thank You :)
Also, about the GIC, I suppose it's compulsory for students applying under the SPP category. If you're applying under the general, then I don't think it's compulsory. You may check it and decide yourself: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-SPP-liste-etudes-PPE.aspx

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Thanks for the link. I'm not eligible for SPP because my visa got refused earlier and also I'm not attending any University Program.

It's a vocational program. Program is Commercial Pilot Training(CPL) and the training starts on first week of every month (trained individually and no intakes or academic year for this).Course duration is 2 years.

I can mention in SOP that I worked for pocket money and my parents cannot sponsor me in UAE so selected a random job for visa. Here the rules are weird. (parents cannot sponsor their male children after they attain the age of 18 but they can sponsor female until they get married no matter what age :mad:). They won't provide PR or citizenship in UAE)

Fixed travel history by showing some immigration stamps(entry & exit seals) of the countries I visited.
Personal Assets - Attested copy of property valuation papers
(what I learned from this is, there is an improvement compared to first application. There was many crosses on the refusal reason but on second refusal there are only 3 crosses ;D)

Only three more bugs to fix, any more advice to overcome?
Do I need an IELTS while applying from India? My college is not asking for IELTS because I've done an online English proficiency test.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Fixed travel history by showing some immigration stamps(entry & exit seals) of the countries I visited. I'm not sure how you fixed this, because stamps should be in your passport already and they would have seen it even in the first application. Even though travel history isn't a requirement, embassies in most cases refuse visas base on this. If you apply later, you may be given visa without travel history.

Your reasons aren't good to say them on a visa application. So if your parents aren't sponsoring, who'll do it for you then? If yourself, then it's unnecessary to comment about this. Just be simple in your SOP. Tell them how you'll finance your studies supporting it with genuine documents. Also address most of the reasons you were refused in your SOP by telling them why and whether you've addressed those issues.

Overall, there has been an improvement compared to your first application. So you may try a third one now. But as I said if I were you, I will wait for some months before.

Good luck with your thrid application

Please me posted

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Fixed travel history by showing some immigration stamps(entry & exit seals) of the countries I visited. I'm not sure how you fixed this, because stamps should be in your passport already and they would have seen it even in the first application. Even though travel history isn't a requirement, embassies in most cases refuse visas base on this. If you apply later, you may be given visa without travel history.
That's what I'm thinking?

Okay, the rule in UAE is weird. No option for my parents to sponsor me in UAE because I am above 18...but its different in other countries. Rules indirectly saying that I have to leave the country after schooling or find a job....most people here are working and studying together and there are only a few Universities.

Sure bro..I will keep you update. (dok what's your name and place?if you don't wish to reveal, then it's okay :))

dok

Apr 20, 2014
No option for my parents to sponsor me in UAE because I am above 18...but its different in other countries. I think this won't hold if you're applying to the Canadian embassy in UAE because you're Indian citizen, not UAE.

Have you found out whether anyone from your country has gotten Canadian study visa with such program (Commercial Pilot Training). I remember in this forum, one guy from India also got refused for this same program (CPT) with similiar reasons as yours. So we advised him to take some certificate program in Piloting before applying next year.

By the ways, people call me by my first name: Derek

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LOL...I'm the same person. You replied this same to me in my old post.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
praveen1989 said:
LOL...I'm the same person. You replied this same to me in my old post.
Ok, a lot of people write so I'm not able to easily familarize. Sorry for that!