+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does US day trip count as day if I was in Canada same day?

rkw94

Jan 30, 2021
I work as truck driver, everyday at some point im in Canada but travel to short trips in US and come back

(Ex. I wake up in Toronto, pick up load, drive to Syracuse,ny, sleep in US, next day wake up ,pick up from Syracuse ,ny then deliver in Toronto, sleep in Canada)

. Does that count as a day in Canada for both PR maintain and Citizenship?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I work as truck driver, everyday at some point im in Canada but travel to short trips in US and come back

(Ex. I wake up in Toronto, pick up load, drive to Syracuse,ny, sleep in US, next day wake up ,pick up from Syracuse ,ny then deliver in Toronto, sleep in Canada)

. Does that count as a day in Canada for both PR maintain and Citizenship?
Any day you are in Canada at all counts as a day. Leave monday, come back tuesday, they both count.

BUT: you still are supposed to show to IRCC when renewing or applying for citizenship all entries and exits. You must keep track of them. Even if it's a round trip in a single day.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It does not count as long as you come back on the same day
Don't understand your point, you don't have to 'come back on the same day.' See above. Any day you spend part of the day in Canada counts as a day in Canada.

Leave monday at one am, return the next day at 11.45 pm, both days count as 'present' in Canada.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
If you live in US close to the border, you can drive to Canada on 11:55PM and back on 12:05AM. You only need to do so every two nights, you satisfy 100% RO by visiting Canada 10X365/2=1825 minutes or 30 hours per year...

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
If you live in US close to the border, you can drive to Canada on 11:55PM and back on 12:05AM. You only need to do so every two nights, you satisfy 100% RO by visiting Canada 10X365/2=1825 minutes or 30 hours per year...
Someone here mentioned doing this in Blaine, just riding bike across border several times a week. It might be tenable if you are RO compliant when you start but otherwise I imagine having time wasted with secondary repeatedly, or being reported in not already complaint with RO.