+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does university fees gets adjusted (future semester fees refunded) if STUDENT status changes to PR (SDS STREAM)?

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Hello

The SDS route requires students to pay fees for the whole 1 year upfront. A one year comprises of three terms (lets assume its 3 terms. I know its debatable). What if the student status changes to Permanent Resident during his first or second term? He already has paid for the complete year (3 terms) at international rate. Will the 3rd term fee adjusted as per domestic rates? I know once fee submission deadline of a particular semester has passed, that money (whatever rates was it submitted at i.e., international / domestic), its submitted. But what about the future semesters? Normally, the university adjusts the fee as per domestic rates if the student status changes to PR. But what is going to happen in SDS case where the student alreay paid the whole year upfront?

Looking forward to your help.

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

The SDS route requires students to pay fees for the whole 1 year upfront. A one year comprises of three terms (lets assume its 3 terms. I know its debatable). What if the student status changes to Permanent Resident during his first or second term? He already has paid for the complete year (3 terms) at international rate. Will the 3rd term fee adjusted as per domestic rates? I know once fee submission deadline of a particular semester has passed, that money (whatever rates was it submitted at i.e., international / domestic), its submitted. But what about the future semesters? Normally, the university adjusts the fee as per domestic rates if the student status changes to PR. But what is going to happen in SDS case where the student alreay paid the whole year upfront?

Looking forward to your help.

Thankyou
Ask your school as all will have different policies.