+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does taking TEF test gives extra CRS points?

Bala1298

Mar 4, 2019
Hi,

I am new to this forum and couldn't find any relevant information with regards to this.
If I take IELTS and TEF also, will I get additional points for TEF?
Did anybody try this?

Thanks,
Bala

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi,

I am new to this forum and couldn't find any relevant information with regards to this.
If I take IELTS and TEF also, will I get additional points for TEF?
Did anybody try this?

Thanks,
Bala
Yes, depending on how well you do. For each of the four skills (reading/writing/speaking/listening) you can get up to 6 points per area - capped at 22 points if you have a spouse, otherwise up to 24 points. In addition, if you have a decent score in IELTS and above NCLC (or CLB) level 9 in all four areas of TEF, you can get an additional 30 points - so if you max out you can get 52 points if you have a spouse, and singletons can get 54 points.

Personal experience - I took the TEF and got a grand total of 7 points. Not a lot, but enough to get me to 444 points and to get an ITA last December.

If you want to understand the scoring better, you can read here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Bala1298

Mar 4, 2019
Thanks aamool for sharing your experience.
I got 8777 in IELTS, but my CRS score is only 410.
So I am thinking of taking TEF.

In the CRS calculator on the cic website, it is showing I am can get extra points if I crossed CLB level 7 in French.
I am interested to know if anyone tried this before.

Thanks,
Bala.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thanks aamool for sharing your experience.
I got 8777 in IELTS, but my CRS score is only 410.
So I am thinking of taking TEF.

In the CRS calculator on the cic website, it is showing I am can get extra points if I crossed CLB level 7 in French.
I am interested to know if anyone tried this before.

Thanks,
Bala.
Obviously people have gotten points for French (either as a first or second language). I've told you how many points you can get, shared how many I got (and I've received an ITA), and for good measure I have given you a link to the page where you can see for yourself how many points you can get.

I really do not understand what further information you are looking for?

In any case, I think you should probably focus first on maximizing your IELTS - again you can see if getting to the highest band gives you bonus points. I do not know your level of French, but to get to maximum points there requires a fair bit of effort (~2 years for a normal person).

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
hi all actually i was planning to take the tefaq exam in vancouver and was wondering how is it i mean to say is there an instructor who will talk to you or its all computer base

Thanks a lot

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
hi all actually i was planning to take the tefaq exam in vancouver and was wondering how is it i mean to say is there an instructor who will talk to you or its all computer base

Thanks a lot
While I took the TEF in Singapore, some people were taking TEFAQ at the same time. I can confirm that there was an in-person evaluation of speaking with an examiner (the same one that I had for TEF).