+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Spouse Open work permit (now in India) with Canada Job offer needs LMIA assessment ?

prakaz

Jun 30, 2022
Am in Closed work permit in Canada, applied for Spouse Open work permit , TRV for 2 kids on March 2022. Currently my wife, kids are in India.
My wife is working in service based IT company in India , her company willing to provide Job offer in Canada once she gets her SOWP (Spouse open work permit).
My Question is , After she got Spouse Open work visa , LMIA assessment needed for Canada job offer or any other things needed ?

Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Am in Closed work permit in Canada, applied for Spouse Open work permit , TRV for 2 kids on March 2022. Currently my wife, kids are in India.
My wife is working in service based IT company in India , her company willing to provide Job offer in Canada once she gets her SOWP (Spouse open work permit).
My Question is , After she got Spouse Open work visa , LMIA assessment needed for Canada job offer or any other things needed ?

Thanks
So I believe you are main applicant, right? No in this case no LMIA is needed but if she wants to become the main applicant then maybe she needs that process. But make sure you keep record of her employment as they will also needes to be included your application.

Reactions: prakaz

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks
If she receives her SOWP she can start working for any employer as soon as she arrives in Canada although if working in healthcare and some other fields working with a vulnerable population a recent medical is required. Her employer in Canada doesn’t need to submit anything to IRCC. Assume your husband’s job is in NOC 0, A or B

Reactions: prakaz