+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does salary matter in CEC ????

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
My friend wanted to know if salary matters in CEC ?????

He is on POST GRAGUATE WORK PERMIT IN TORONTO, ONTARIO

His NOC code is 6212.. His salary is $11 per hour... Will he be in trouble ????

Please helpppp..............................

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
The only thing I can think of is that the salary has to make sense; somehow it has to match the position;
A manager making very little money or a clerk making too much money would be suspicious.

Cheers

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
I have the same question too.
Does it matter if the salary is not as high as the avg?
do you have to match the avg. wage on NOC website?

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Zeng,

No; average means that there are people with bigger and smaller salaries; it is just that, an average; but if you are too far from it, either at the top or the bottom of the graphic, it might be a reason for someone to believe that maybe something is not right....

Cheers

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hey Zeng, was your REFUSED because of salary too ???

NOC 6212, AVERAGE is $12.74..

My friend salary is $11/hour for 40 houre/week

So is that a problem ????????????????????

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
My application was refused because they think my job description does not match with the NOC description on the website. I want to reapply but i am worried that they will refuse me again since my wage is lower than the avg.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hey ZENG, did you look at the CIC website and compare your NOC **** duties with the website BEFORE your apply ??????

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
When you first apply for CEC, did you look at the CIC website and compare the main duties for your NOC CODE

IF YOU DID THAT, WHY DID YOU GOT A REJECT ?

THANKS....

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
Hi,

To make the story short, my reference letter was based on a standard job description in which we kept in the company, nothing was changed to match with the NOC when I applied CEC. It was my fault. I applied for NOC under technical sales, but because the wording on my reference letter, the officer thinks I work in Retail sales, my company does not even have a retail location and we only work with other technological companies and governments.

Should I re-apply? I have been sending them emails/fax, but they do not reply.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Yes, please re-apply it again. i have seen people re-applying again in other discussion forums...

Make sure to attach a NEW clearer reference letter.. Also, try to compare it with the CIC website too.....

take care.... By the way, how long it took you to get your rejection letter??? Did you did your medicals already ?????

thanksss

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
I applied in April this year, my file number was received in Oct, about a week later they told me I was rejected. I didn't do medical yet.

is there any chance they will re-open my case? If I submit a new reference letter now, will they respond? Do I have to re-apply?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zeng said:
Hi,

To make the story short, my reference letter was based on a standard job description in which we kept in the company, nothing was changed to match with the NOC when I applied CEC. It was my fault. I applied for NOC under technical sales, but because the wording on my reference letter, the officer thinks I work in Retail sales, my company does not even have a retail location and we only work with other technological companies and governments.

Should I re-apply? I have been sending them emails/fax, but they do not reply.
Re-apply with a more detailed employment letter. Work with your employer to draft it. Don't make stuff up just to make it match. Sounds like you truly do match the job description of the NOC code based on your other posts, just that enough attention wasn't paid to the employment letter to include all of your duties.