+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does "passport request" after biometric indicate approval or is there still room for rejection?

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Apologies for being a bit pedantic.
I noticed a few threads mentioning that they got an "approval" after their biometrics were processed.
Q1. Is this the same as the passport request letter?
Q2. If that's not the same, i only have a passport request letter after my biometrics correspondence. Does this mean that the visa is still not approved and they need to "see" the passport to make a final decision?
To me, the second scenario doesn't make sense. If they haven't made a decision, why would they ask to send the passport?
Can someone chime in here? Are people on the forum using the "passport request" letter interchangeably as an "approval letter"?

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Thanks for clarifying this!

Sharan_12`

Oct 25, 2021
I applied my application on 21 July 2021 and get my biometrics done on 13 Oct 2021. But I found out that my IRCC agent put None on Record in the family name column whereas on biometrics they put my full name in the family name and my biometrics are not updated yet in my account due to identification. Can anyone suggest to me that what I can do now as my classes are starting on 4 Jan 2022? I am really sure if the issue will delay my process.