+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my wife require transit visa for UK on her way to Canada

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Hey for all those who hold an Indian passport let me know if my wife needs a transit visa to get to UK. I never had any problem so far, but I heard from somewhere that you might require to have a transit visa for UK. How true is this ? Please let me know.

Thanks

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
immigrationaspirant said:
Hey for all those who hold an Indian passport let me know if my wife needs a transit visa to get to UK. I never had any problem so far, but I heard from somewhere that you might require to have a transit visa for UK. How true is this ? Please let me know.

Thanks
How long is the stay between two flights ?

beltza

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO- 29 Nov. 2013
Nomination.....
Oct. 2013
AOR Received.
16 Jan. 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
In process- 13 Feb
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2014
Med's Done....
17 March 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24 March
VISA ISSUED...
21 March
immigrationaspirant said:

Thanks
Yes, Required.
Please check this link for UK transit visa:-
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/transit-visas

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
It depends upon the time between two flights ... if its short time between conncting flights u don't need it .. my wife came last month n she came without any transit visa

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
I came to Canada via London in January. No transit visa required. Is it introduced now?

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
ttrajan said:
I came to Canada via London in January. No transit visa required. Is it introduced now?
Thanks everyone for your input. I have travelled from UK multiple times without any problem. But a few months back one of my cousins who was travelling from US, and said she required a transit visa. I checked online again and it said that if a person is not staying at the airport for more than 8 hours and have a connecting flight at a different terminal then its all good. However I couldn't find anything on an official website. Will have to ask British Airways to confirm.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
You'll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you're exempt)

You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.
Exemptions

You won't need a visa if you:

are travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country

official UK government site