+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my bank statement has to have a constant amount ?

nabeeeel

Feb 11, 2014
I've applied for columbia college in Vancouver, British Columbia. And thankfully have gotten its admission letter.

BIO: I'm a Pakistani student who has done his A levels, and I''ve applied for an associates degree in business administration in Columbia College in Vancouver. I've studied sciences in my O and A levels and am changing my subjects to Business.

I've got two questions:

Q1: I had a bank statement which had a constant amount of $ 20,000 CAD but it was reduced to $ 6000 CAD and then deposited to $ 25000 CAD in a weeks time. My question is that does this affect my situation or somehow make a bad impression to the visa officer when applying for the study permit, or should I wait for further 4 months and then get a bank statement for the past 4 months after the $ 25000 CAD deposited amount ?

Q2: Does my change of subjects from Science to Business affect my visa situation in anyway, as I've read in forums that the previous qualification should match the current one the student has applied for my question is does it apply to my situation ? (Note: I've done my A levels in Sciences. and am looking forward to study Business Administration at college)

Your replies would by greatly appreciated ! Thanks :)

waqaaar

Feb 9, 2014
yes it will effect your case it's look like as controversy because you just deposited such a big amount like $25000 within just few days before your application. so the visa officer will observe that you deposited this amount only for your application. so my suggestion would be to wait for few weeks.

sorry i do not know much about your second ques.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
I had the same case with #1, and thought it was a factor in my visa refusal. According to a few threads I was able to stumble upon here on this forum, some seniors here mentioned that if you will do that, be sure to show proof where your money came from so the visa officer will not further suspect, as what waqaaar mentioned.

As for the second one, I don't have any definite answer as well.

I hope my response helps.