+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does frequently calling IRCC delay application?

hellonohere

Jan 2, 2024
So I've been calling IRCC every week for a status update and sometimes they would give me an update that wasn't on the online platform yet (like test completion), and I was told by someone else that this frequent calling may cause a case processing officer to possibly delay my application if they feel like it's too many calls. Is this true??

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I've been calling IRCC every week for a status update and sometimes they would give me an update that wasn't on the online platform yet (like test completion), and I was told by someone else that this frequent calling may cause a case processing officer to possibly delay my application if they feel like it's too many calls. Is this true??
I feel the opposite. When my oath was not getting scheduled, the frequent calling helped me get a date.
Had I just waited patiently for IRCC to do it, they would have slept on my file forever.

Also when I ordered GCMS Notes, the email which I had sent to get oath date was part of the notes too.

hellonohere

Jan 2, 2024
I feel the opposite. When my oath was not getting scheduled, the frequent calling helped me get a date.
Had I just waited patiently for IRCC to do it, they would have slept on my file forever.

Also when I ordered GCMS Notes, the email which I had sent to get oath date was part of the notes too.
Oh wow, I'm glad you got your oath! Okay, I'm glad the frequent calling helped for sure! Which email did you send it to? And also, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Maybe calling every week is a 'bit too much' as not a lot of things move on applications weekly, but I doubt case officers care or are that petty to delay your application for the calls. So my guess is no, it shouldn't, but limit the calls to only when necessary.

hellonohere

Jan 2, 2024
Maybe calling every week is a 'bit too much' as not a lot of things move on applications weekly, but I doubt case officers care or are that petty to delay your application for the calls. So my guess is no, it shouldn't, but limit the calls to only when necessary.
Thanks! This makes sense too. I'm just waiting nervously for my oath ceremony process to start, everything else has been completed

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's my belief that excessive webforms can delay processing, because (I understand) they have a 'must be handled' rule - responded to or looked at in case it affects the file in some way. And of course, if you have a pile of them and it means the officer has to spend a lot of time going through them - yep, they're going to reach for the easy file when they have limited time / a deadline/numbers to meet etc.

But I don't think this is the case for calls, where I think they only make/record important notes.

I'm reading between the lines on this however but I don't see any reason to thnk that calls cause problems.

That said: excessive calling does add to the load on the system, keeps others from getting through, etc. But I'm not dictating how much excessive is.