+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does file transfer to St. Clair mean additional probe?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
This time it's actually a deadline. But time will tell.
The same deadline many people rely on when they quote 36 months for non routine.
Well there are still people waiting for decision from 2011 2012.

They will never engage themselves with strict deadlines and to be honest this is my biggest problem.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
They just forgot to put the common for Canada extra clarification when something looks too good to be true

Citizenship grant

Submitted before April 1, 2015 will be done by March 31, 2016 or before *

* Conditions apply

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Diplomatru said:
Anyone waiting for that long should re-apply.
I agree with you, but its just like being stuck in one way lane of traffic, where one tempted to wait than take a U turn and re-start. ;D ;D

Well from my own personal experience, it better to take a bitter pill, pay more money and re-do it than to wait indefinitely for ever.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I agree with you, but its just like being stuck in one way lane of traffic, where one tempted to wait than take a U turn and re-start. ;D ;D

Well from my own personal experience, it better to take a bitter pill, pay more money and re-do it than to wait indefinitely for ever.
You are doing a good job sharing your experience with applicants stuck in the backlog. +1

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Here is a good explanation regarding processing times and that they don't have any deadlines.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=032&t=3

"Why do some application processing times change and others do not?

This is normal because the volume of applications may vary from one month to the next. Rest assured that files are still being processed.

In many cases, a file is waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are processed in the order in which they arrive. Some take longer to process than others. There is no maximum time frame for reviewing an application.
"

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
According to their website, they will complete all pre-SCCA files by March 31, so I would recommend waiting for three months.
That's what call centre agent just told me, wait till 31 March.
On my question, does this mean that CIC is liable if my application is still stuck after that? The call agent laughed

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I bet that they will make a good excuse to explain why the "deadline" hasn't been met despite all their hard work... bla bla bla.

I remember that I read some reports about the processing times which by memory were something like...
"We have a standard to fully process 80% of the applications for the period 201X-201X, however CIC managed to process only 67% from our standard of 80%"

There were similar report on their website how they fail to complete the applications on time, but for now I cant find these reports anymore, maybe they are down from the website.

But technically they admitted that they can't process the applications under the "deadlines" they got.