+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does EI pay for school In Ontario ?

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hello , does EI helps to get educational benefits in Ontario? Like taking courses to upgrade the job skills. Quebec does have but not sure about Ontario. Can anybody tell me some info ? Please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, I wanted to know if service Canada will pay my Tuion fees ? Like in Quebec ministry of education pay the expenses of school ( few programs offered by gov for ei receiving people ) while receiving the EI ? Can you elaborate the info ? Please
I can’t elaborate as you will need to check the links.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also never heard of the Government of Canada or the province of Ontario paying all tuition fees. You can take out an OSAP loan, if eligible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello , does EI helps to get educational benefits in Ontario? Like taking courses to upgrade the job skills. Quebec does have but not sure about Ontario. Can anybody tell me some info ? Please
Have you had a longterm career in Canada? Canada tends to help with retraining after careers have become obsolete. Otherwise you are usually expected to work while upgrading your skills on a part-time or full-time basis and apply for grants and loans.