+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Contract work count as a valid job offer?

Koiwake

Jul 6, 2022
Hi team,

A startup company has recently offered me Contract work, and they use a payroll tool called Deel.
I'm currently on a Work Permit and switching to an IEC work permit in August to extend my work authorization for one more year.
That said, on Aug 30th of 2022, it will be my 1-year mark in working in Canada and planning to apply for CEC class.

For the valid job offer to be eligible, does the contract work count and if not, does anyone know why? I'm not sure how they will determine that clearly.

Thank you!

HarleenKaur05

Dec 12, 2022
Hi team,

A startup company has recently offered me Contract work, and they use a payroll tool called Deel.
I'm currently on a Work Permit and switching to an IEC work permit in August to extend my work authorization for one more year.
That said, on Aug 30th of 2022, it will be my 1-year mark in working in Canada and planning to apply for CEC class.

For the valid job offer to be eligible, does the contract work count and if not, does anyone know why? I'm not sure how they will determine that clearly.

Thank you!
Hi Koiwake

I have the following issue, can you help me out?

I shall get an offer from a company that is based in the US and does not reside in Canada. So for this, they have put a payroll partner that is DEEL in order to hire me, and on the offer letter, there will be no name of the main company for which I’ll work but only the name of DEEL which is in Canada.
Does this fulfill the rules of employment in Canada which will be further counted in the Canadian experience class?

Regards
Harleen Kaur