+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know about China Transit Trial?

Wenqian

May 15, 2012
Hi,

I an international student in the US. This summer I am flying back to China and I am going to transfer in Vancouver, Canada. I didn't realize I will transfer in Canada until recently since the website has not any warnings. I wanted to change my tickets and called the customer services several times but no one reponded the phone!
Anyway, My flight: Seattle -Vancouver(by Air Canada) -Shanghai(by China Eastern). There is only 2 hours of waiting time. Does anyone know whether I am qualified for China Transit Trial? I have a valid US Visa and Chinese Passport. Thanks in advance! Any help will be very appreciated!

Gao

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Yes, you will need a Transit Visa.

"A transit visa is required when a traveller will be in Canada for 48 hours or less en route to another country. There is no fee for a transit visa, which can be issued as either a single or multiple entry. The applicant must demonstrate to the visa officer, among other things, that they have an onward ticket and a visa, if required, for their ultimate destination. At the Port of Entry, the immigration office will determine if the traveller is granted admission to Canada. If the traveller is not granted entry, he or she will be sent back to the point of origin."

You can check the following webpage to see where to apply the Transit Visa, based on your residence.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=9&view=d

Wenqian

May 15, 2012
GOGOGO said:
Thanks for your reply. But I'm graduating this year and my I-20 will expire. I need the travel signature to apply for transit visa, right? That's why I am asking about the China Transit Trial so that I don't need a visa.
Buying another ticket will be around 1800...

Yes, you will need a Transit Visa.

"A transit visa is required when a traveller will be in Canada for 48 hours or less en route to another country. There is no fee for a transit visa, which can be issued as either a single or multiple entry. The applicant must demonstrate to the visa officer, among other things, that they have an onward ticket and a visa, if required, for their ultimate destination. At the Port of Entry, the immigration office will determine if the traveller is granted admission to Canada. If the traveller is not granted entry, he or she will be sent back to the point of origin."

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Please see the details of China Transit Trial here.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/twov-tsv/cct-pptc-eng.html

I'm not sure about China Eastern is part of it.

Wenqian said:
and my I-20 will expire. I need the travel signature to apply for transit visa, right? That's why I am asking about the China Transit Trial so that I don't need a visa.
Buying another ticket will be around 1800...