+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does 50% Hearing Deficiency in One Ear & High BP result to loss Medical Exam Failure?

RjH_4589

Jan 19, 2020
Chennai, India
Hi,

I have one ear hearing deficiency up to 50% due to an accident in my childhood days. I have a good hearing capacity in the other ear. I can't hear things precisely if I close my eyes & my other ear with an earbud fully.

I also have a problem with getting high blood pressure a few times when I get more tensed out thinking of the situation and foreseeing things. I was taking medications for few extents of time and now I have stopped taking it and felt normal.

Do these 50% Hearing Deficiency in One Ear & High BP lead to medical inadmissibility ??

Please do provide me with clarification for my concerns. I m planning to take my exam next month.

niravit57

Jul 3, 2020
Hi,

I have one ear hearing deficiency up to 50% due to an accident in my childhood days. I have a good hearing capacity in the other ear. I can't hear things precisely if I close my eyes & my other ear with an earbud fully.

I also have a problem with getting high blood pressure a few times when I get more tensed out thinking of the situation and foreseeing things. I was taking medications for few extents of time and now I have stopped taking it and felt normal.

Do these 50% Hearing Deficiency in One Ear & High BP lead to medical inadmissibility ??

Please do provide me with clarification for my concerns. I m planning to take my exam next month.

Hi,

I am not sure about hearing deficiency... but mostly they won't consider it as serious illness and won't deny your medical.

About high BP... I am 100% sure that you will not have any problem with that. I had some clients with same situation and their medical were not rejected because of that.

Wish you best luck, stay positive !

Reactions: RjH_4589

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as the high bp is not related to more serious cardiac issues you will be approved. Hearing isn’t an issue unless you need a hearing aid. That could be added to the cost since they aren’t cheap. You may be required to do extra cardiac testing during the medical.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi,

I am not sure about hearing deficiency... but mostly they won't consider it as serious illness and won't deny your medical.

About high BP... I am 100% sure that you will not have any problem with that. I had some clients with same situation and their medical were not rejected because of that.

My spouse has BP, we were worried also. About two weeks after his medicals, we were contacted by email by the hospital for a follow up because his B.P was high. The follow up was to see a cardiologist. The cic hospital booked the appointment. He went for the cardiologist appointment and had the test. He passed his cardiology test ( he was also asked if it was a preexisting condition and he said yes, he also let the doctor know the medication he was taking, which shows that he had been managing the condition) the cardiologist, however, prescribed a different B.P medication for him. His application was approved weeks later. So no, having B.P isn't a problem as long as you are managing it and you pass your cardiology test.

Last edited:

RjH_4589

Jan 19, 2020
Chennai, India
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am not wearing any hearing aid. I felt it as not necessary & I can function as normal as others.

The doctor whom I consulted for my BP issues was mentioning that my BP was getting high due to essential hypertension. I had done around 5-6 kinds of tests (including ECG & Doppler Tests) as prescribed by my doctor to understand if the BP was getting high due to any internal organ issues...everything was good.

Can I take my medications given for my high BP before going to the medical exam ?? I took it a few times whenever I felt my BP is getting higher.

RjH_4589

Jan 19, 2020
Chennai, India
As long as the high bp is not related to more serious cardiac issues you will be approved. Hearing isn’t an issue unless you need a hearing aid. That could be added to the cost since they aren’t cheap. You may be required to do extra cardiac testing during the medical.

I am not wearing any hearing aid. I felt it as not necessary & I can function as normal as others.

The doctor whom I consulted for my BP issues was mentioning that my BP was getting high due to essential hypertension. I had done around 5-6 kinds of tests (including ECG & Doppler Tests) as prescribed by my doctor to understand if the BP was getting high due to any internal organ issues...everything was good.

Can I take my medications given for my high BP before going to the medical exam ??

RjH_4589

Jan 19, 2020
Chennai, India
My spouse has BP, we were worried also. About two weeks after his medicals, we were contacted by email by the hospital for a follow up because his B.P was high. The follow up was to see a cardiologist. The cic hospital booked the appointment. He went for the cardiologist appointment and had the test. He passed his cardiology test ( he was also asked if it was a preexisting condition and he said yes, he also let the doctor know the medication he was taking, which shows that he had been managing the condition) the cardiologist, however, prescribed a different B.P medication for him. His application was approved weeks later. So no, having B.P isn't a problem as long as you are managing it and you pass your cardiology test.
Did your spouse take the usual medications prescribed by Doc on & before the day of the medical exam ??

Can I take my medications given for my high BP before going to the medical exam ?? I took it a few times whenever I felt my BP is getting higher.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Can I take my medications given for my high BP before going to the medical exam ??
Yes would bring any medications to the exam. It is just easier. You can also write down a list of the medication, dosage and instructions.

Nobody can guarantee approval but you likely won’t have an issue.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Did your spouse take the usual medications prescribed by Doc on & before the day of the medical exam ??

Yes you can. My husband took the usual medication he takes, before going for the first medical test. This medication was prescribed by the doctor in our home country. Apparently, the medication he was on was not doing a good job, that is why his blood pressure was still high on the day of the test. When he went for his cardiology test he informed them again that he takes medication and even took his daily prescribed dosage for the day of the test. I think the doctor felt the medication wasn't doing a good job and therefore, prescribed a better one. The main thing is that he passed his cardiology test. Good luck!