+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents requirements for extending parent's visitor visa

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
I am applying for my parent's visitor visa from Canada. One of the document they are asking my parent's marriage certificate. My parent don't have their marriage certificate. Can I submit below documents instead -
  1. Parent's passports where spouse names are mentioned
  2. My passport where parent's names are mentioned.
Regarding "Proof of Means of Financial Support", can I submit my payslips, bank statements and letter mentioning that I will be taking care of them here in Canada. They are already in Canada now.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You want to apply for a Visitor Record to extend your parents' stay in Canada (IMM 5708), not for a visitor visa.

"My parent don't have their marriage certificate."
What did you submit with the original TRV application? Use that again.

"Regarding "Proof of Means of Financial Support", can I submit my payslips, bank statements and letter mentioning that I will be taking care of them here in Canada."
Documents showing your parents' financial situation would be as/more useful. They are the applicants, not you.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
You want to apply for a Visitor Record to extend your parents' stay in Canada (IMM 5708), not for a visitor visa.

"My parent don't have their marriage certificate."
What did you submit with the original TRV application? Use that again.

"Regarding "Proof of Means of Financial Support", can I submit my payslips, bank statements and letter mentioning that I will be taking care of them here in Canada."
Documents showing your parents' financial situation would be as/more useful. They are the applicants, not you.
Thank you.