+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for Passport in regards to divorced kids( Please Respond)

Jacy105

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,

My name is Jacqueline, and I am a Canadian born mother with two young daughters. They recently gotten their Canadian Citizenship and SIN. The kids were born in the U.S, so in order to start the passport application..do I need Divorce papers?. I have divorce papers, but since we already agree to have the kids come with me and when he filed the papers it says no agreement or custody arrangement at this time. On the form I have check yes or no, if I have any joint or custody agreement but I don't since when we seperated I moved home. It wasn't until after one year of seperation that he filed. when I was still there we asked the local law office and they said if it's a mutual agreement with no money involved then they don't really include it.

If someone can help me out please let me know. If the above is not clear, I will reprase the question: If I include the divorce document, but not Custody agreement will they still accept it? ( in the U.S they don't have custody agreement rules, unless one parent is Sued).
How about if they ask: "Do you have any documents pertaining to any agreement? No,or if yes include documents.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't see how the divorce papers will help. They are looking for agreements/court orders related to the custody of the children. So you don't have any paperwork related to a custody agreement? All you have is a verbal agreement with your ex?

Jacy105

Dec 4, 2015
Yes, and I don't have any court order.I did try to send him something.
I believe he wasnt able to pay the lawyer so they never returned it..all that he was able to afford was the divorce, and he is broke now. In the divorce papers the judge say some thing in regards to the children and that no custody agreement was required since we don't have any thing in terms of money, and he is on a government cheque, supplement income.

He can't afford child support, so what should I do I need to get the photos taken before I apply.The divorce paper is what I have and it is three pages long should I copy and sent that.

Thanks.