+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents query

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
I had my PR renewed in 2017 and soon I will be applying for citizenship.
I had a single 3 month travel abroad after I got my renewed PR.

With my PR renewal application, I sent them 1) copies of all the pages of my passport to
show them the stamps, and 2) the CBSA records.

Shall I do the same with my citizenship application or there is no need?

thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Just stick with the application checklist, which doesn't include these items.
Also, IRCC will ask for your CSBA record on your behalf.

If they need anything else, a query will be sent to you.

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
Just stick with the application checklist, which doesn't include these items.
Also, IRCC will ask for your CSBA record on your behalf.

If they need anything else, a query will be sent to you.
thanks.
Also, looking at the
long processing times, is it ok if I travelled to my home country for a couple of months after
the application comes into "In Process" status.
I am 55 + so I don't need to take any tests.
Or shall I just avoid travel till oath time.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
thanks.
Also, looking at the
long processing times, is it ok if I travelled to my home country for a couple of months after
the application comes into "In Process" status.
I am 55 + so I don't need to take any tests.
Or shall I just avoid travel till oath time.
Even though you don't have a test to take, you will need to interview around the same timeline as you would have had the test. What is your location? That will determine, to some degree, what your timeline would look like.

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
Even though you don't have a test to take, you will need to interview around the same timeline as you would have had the test. What is your location? That will determine, to some degree, what your timeline would look like.
Brampton. It seems to be very slow. Looking at currrent time lines , My guess is 8 months or more from application to oath.
any suggestions?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
The gaps between AOR, IP, and interview won't be enough time to be away for a couple months and you'll want to be around just in case something like a fingerprint request comes along. After the interview, there will be a sufficient enough waiting period to oath that you could skip away for a couple months without much worry.

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
The gaps between AOR, IP, and interview won't be enough time to be away for a couple months and you'll want to be around just in case something like a fingerprint request comes along. After the interview, there will be a sufficient enough waiting period to oath that you could skip away for a couple months without much worry.
thanks for the advice.
BTW, do you know which is the fastest processing office in ontario?

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
It can be done OP

My application is 6 months. Sent to Oath. I was overseas for 2 months between In Process and Test date. I saw the update while I was offshore that IRCC sent my test invite for March 6. My original flight back was Feb 20 and nothing on my schedule changed. Everything went smoothly.

I hope you can have your vacation while waiting for the processes to take place.
Good luck!

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I had my PR renewed in 2017 and soon I will be applying for citizenship.
I had a single 3 month travel abroad after I got my renewed PR.

With my PR renewal application, I sent them 1) copies of all the pages of my passport to
show them the stamps, and 2) the CBSA records.

Shall I do the same with my citizenship application or there is no need?

thanks
I feel that no need to send passport copies since its already send during PR renewal.
I also feel that your process could be faster regarding all the various agencies checks since you renewed your PR in 2017 and PR renewal card itself is issued after many checks.
So now they might just check your data from Pr renewal date till the citizenship application date.
This is just my viewpoint.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I feel that no need to send passport copies since its already send during PR renewal.
I also feel that your process could be faster regarding all the various agencies checks since you renewed your PR in 2017 and PR renewal card itself is issued after many checks.
So now they might just check your data from Pr renewal date till the citizenship application date.
This is just my viewpoint.
This hasn't been my experience. I renewed my PR card, finalized a few weeks before I filed for citizenship and I'm certain my process isn't any faster...