22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Hi all,
so I've submitted my application and now this waiting thing is driving me crazy, so I've decided to be productive and prepare all the documents that could possibly be useful in Canada. Now my question is - should I go through the legalization process?
Apostilles don't work in Canada (since it hasn't joined the Hague convention), so I'd need to go the legalization route, i.e. notary and notarized translation into Eng or Fr -> Ministry of External Affairs of my country -> Canadian Embassy in my country.

Is this necessary, or the notarized translations and/or originals will work whenever I need them in Canada? If necessary, which documents should be legalized? Birth certificate, marriage certificate, education certificates, I guess, anything else?

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Highly interested. Was enough the translation? Or you did the legalization?

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Actually, according to CIC, it depends on the place you chose to live and what you need the translations for (education, health, legal, work, etc.).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

Get and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

Common documents include:

birth certificate or baptismal certificates
passport
marriage, separation or divorce papers
adoption records for adopted children
death certificate for a deceased spouse
school records, educational diplomas and certificates, including transcripts listing the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.) and dental records
letters of reference from former employers
car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
photocopies of all essential and important documents in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)

If you have family members that will be immigrating at a later date, you should also bring copies of their documents with you.

You may not need these documents immediately, but it is better to bring all your official documents in case they are needed in the future. It is often much more difficult to obtain these documents after you have left your country of origin.

Translate your documents
If your original documents are not in English or French, you will need to get them translated. The language and type of translation (general, certified, notarized, etc.) will depend on the place you chose to live and what you need the translations for (education, health, legal, work, etc.).

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irvah said:
Actually, according to CIC, it depends on the place you chose to live and what you need the translations for (education, health, legal, work, etc.).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

Get and bring to Canada all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are immigrating with you.

Common documents include:

birth certificate or baptismal certificates
passport
marriage, separation or divorce papers
adoption records for adopted children
death certificate for a deceased spouse
school records, educational diplomas and certificates, including transcripts listing the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.) and dental records
letters of reference from former employers
car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
photocopies of all essential and important documents in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)

If you have family members that will be immigrating at a later date, you should also bring copies of their documents with you.

You may not need these documents immediately, but it is better to bring all your official documents in case they are needed in the future. It is often much more difficult to obtain these documents after you have left your country of origin.

Translate your documents
If your original documents are not in English or French, you will need to get them translated. The language and type of translation (general, certified, notarized, etc.) will depend on the place you chose to live and what you need the translations for (education, health, legal, work, etc.).
Thanks, i mean once received the ITA, if for example the police clearance certificate is enough to be translated by an authorised notary or also need a legalization from origin country?