+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for Spouse for CEC

suddhashil

Feb 18, 2009
From the CEC document checklist, I do not see the need to furnish certain documents for the Spouse. It says "For you" under the Work Experience and Educational Documents sections, and I understand that "For you" means the principal applicant.

However, this is very counter-intuitive compared to the FSW requirements, where all documents for the spouse are also needed.

Would anyone, who has applied for CEC and is married, be able to shed some light on this ? What did you do in your case ?

Thanks
Sudz

AndreaSA

Feb 3, 2009
I am applying as a CEC with my common-law. Apparently its the same procedure but we just dont have the marriage certificate. What I am sending is:
To proof relationship:
1)Common-law union form
2)Utilities, rent, joint bank accs
3)pictures
4) and notarized letters of friends/family stating that we been a couple over a year and we are living together ^_^

Other documents:
1)birth certificates (translated, certified and legalized by both embassies)
2)Policies check document(translated, certified and legalized by both embassies)
3)and application forms such as family background

your wife/husband does not the english test.

I think that's all you need, plus your marriage certificate
Also read that by sending other proof would help such as travel tickets, hotels etc..

Please correct me if im wrong.

benoy

May 20, 2009
I got PR in CEC class.

The most important document you need is proof of your work experience for 2 years Full time. This can be done by 1) Reference from your present/past employer stating your NOC category, hours of work and length of service 2) T4 slips and paystub 3) IELTS exam results in original or letter from employer stating your speaking/writing/reading/listening ability

if you are principal applicant, the only document needed for your spouse is 1) Marriage cerificate 2) Birth certificate for both yourself and your spouse

Also, police verification certificate for both of you, from those countries, where you lived more than six months, from the age of 18.