+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents checklist for SOWP( Applying from canada)

muzammilnxs

Aug 5, 2018
I recently graduated from my masters program in Canada. I got married just before my last term in India and immediately applied for spousal open work permit(for my wife) and got it approved. But unfortunately When she came into canada, I had completed all my requirements for the degree and not a full time student anymore(actually just 10 days from the last day of the term). So, they didn't provide her the open work permit at the POE(Port of Entry), but gave a visitor record(VR) instead valid till the end of my study permit.

After 3 months, I got my PGWP(Post graduate work permit) approved valid for three years. Based on this, I plan to apply for SOWP for my wife. When she initially applied for Open Work permit, the following were the documents she submitted(written below). Now, for the new application what changes should she make to the documents checklist. I have posted my questions inline in bold. I would be grateful if someone could answer these questions. I am confused because a lot of these documents are not mandatory. So, how important are these to the application is subjective and I want to be clear about that.

Enclosures:

Documents from Applicant

· Original Passport (Old and New)

· Application forms

· [Wedding Card, Marriage certificate, Casual Photographs, Marriage Photographs,Relationship Declaration,·Communication proof]. Does she need to submit these documents again, now that she had already got the open work permit before, and has been in canada for the last 4 months?

· Education certificates

· Medicals.

· [Sponsor Affidavit of Support,Sponsor Bank Statements,Sponsor Fixed Deposit, Sponsor IT Statement,Sponsor CA Statement]. When she applied the first time, her father in law had sponsored her. Now she is applying as a worker dependent of a PGWP holder. She is going to submit proofs of his employment and 3 pay stubs. So, Most likely this is not required?

Documents from spouse:

· Passport copy

· [Student Visa Copy, Study Permit Copy] She is submitting my work permit copy instead

· [Invitation Letter] Does she need an invitation letter now?

· [Acceptance Letter from University , Enrollment document from University ,Tuition fees payment receipts]. I don't think these are required anymore.

· [College ID Card,Bank Statement, Tenancy Agreement.Utility Bill.] She can submit my Employee ID card instead of College ID card. But are the other documents required to add weight to the application?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I recently graduated from my masters program in Canada. I got married just before my last term in India and immediately applied for spousal open work permit(for my wife) and got it approved. But unfortunately When she came into canada, I had completed all my requirements for the degree and not a full time student anymore(actually just 10 days from the last day of the term). So, they didn't provide her the open work permit at the POE(Port of Entry), but gave a visitor record(VR) instead valid till the end of my study permit.

After 3 months, I got my PGWP(Post graduate work permit) approved valid for three years. Based on this, I plan to apply for SOWP for my wife. When she initially applied for Open Work permit, the following were the documents she submitted(written below). Now, for the new application what changes should she make to the documents checklist. I have posted my questions inline in bold. I would be grateful if someone could answer these questions. I am confused because a lot of these documents are not mandatory. So, how important are these to the application is subjective and I want to be clear about that.

Enclosures:

Documents from Applicant

· Original Passport (Old and New)

· Application forms

· [Wedding Card, Marriage certificate, Casual Photographs, Marriage Photographs,Relationship Declaration,·Communication proof]. Does she need to submit these documents again, now that she had already got the open work permit before, and has been in canada for the last 4 months?

· Education certificates

· Medicals.

· [Sponsor Affidavit of Support,Sponsor Bank Statements,Sponsor Fixed Deposit, Sponsor IT Statement,Sponsor CA Statement]. When she applied the first time, her father in law had sponsored her. Now she is applying as a worker dependent of a PGWP holder. She is going to submit proofs of his employment and 3 pay stubs. So, Most likely this is not required?

Documents from spouse:

· Passport copy

· [Student Visa Copy, Study Permit Copy] She is submitting my work permit copy instead

· [Invitation Letter] Does she need an invitation letter now?

· [Acceptance Letter from University , Enrollment document from University ,Tuition fees payment receipts]. I don't think these are required anymore.

· [College ID Card,Bank Statement, Tenancy Agreement.Utility Bill.] She can submit my Employee ID card instead of College ID card. But are the other documents required to add weight to the application?

Hey muzammilnxs, I am in the same boat .Can you answer these questions? It would be really helpful.

Hyderwaqas

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
Not from anybody in the forum.
I have some queries if you can answer.

Applying for PGWP+SOWP extension together. We are both in Canada and I have an SOWP and she, a study permit.
Few questions.
  1. Should we again put the whole Marriage & Relationship history like we did when I applied for SOWP last time or this time just a Marriage Certificate would do?
  2. Should we write a Letter of Explanation for the 'Client Information' section, showing ties to India and will go back eventually?
  3. In any case, what should be written in this Letter of Explanation for both? and what extra documents are to be attached?
  4. Form IMM5713e cant be saved so will need to be printed signed, scanned, and uploaded, right?
  5. The digital photo needs to be recent or the one from the last application would work?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I have some queries if you can answer.

Applying for PGWP+SOWP extension together. We are both in Canada and I have an SOWP and she, a study permit.
Few questions.
  1. Should we again put the whole Marriage & Relationship history like we did when I applied for SOWP last time or this time just a Marriage Certificate would do? I did. I put all the relationship proof that I could gather ..wedding photos..honeymoon bookings...passport stamps....passport with spouse name....Income Tax joint filing..utility bill, lease agreement in Canada etc
  2. Should we write a Letter of Explanation for the 'Client Information' section, showing ties to India and will go back eventually? Sure.
  3. In any case, what should be written in this Letter of Explanation for both? and what extra documents are to be attached? Write about your background, your educational qualifications, work history, how you would make a positive contribution to Canadian economy and why they should approve your SOWP extension, your POF, property in India & that you will go back to India after your visa expires..your spouse's PGWP application submission Confirmation...her job offer in NOC 0, A or B and atleast 3 paystubs..
  4. Form IMM5713e cant be saved so will need to be printed signed, scanned, and uploaded, right? I don't know about this
  5. The digital photo needs to be recent or the one from the last application would work? Most recent should work
My response is inline ( in orange) .

Reactions: bpur87

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
My response is inline ( in orange) .
Amaze. Thanks bud! A quick follow up question. My wife just got her offer letter and it's skilled level 0A. But her offer letter just says Assistant Project Manager. That should be fine right?

She has a full time job but with a 3 month probation. This should be fine for me to get a visa right?