+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document No. In Landing Paper is not Valid so Service Canada denied to issue SIN

AB172234

Oct 5, 2013
Hi Members,

I applied PR Under CEC Class and recently landed in Canada Through Rainbow Bridge. I have been granted permission in the landing process and my Passport has been stamped for entering in Canada.

PROBLEM:

Now after landing i went into Service Canada for Getting the SIN Card. as i was on work permit before so i had to change the SIN to receive a permanent SIN Card. But Service Canada said that they cannot find the Document Number present in my Landing papers in their System. So I had to call CIC office to assess the situation. they said that they are looking into their system to find out what happened. But now i am very curios what might have caused this?

My Wife also landed with me (she was dependent) but she got the new SIN without any issues. Its only for me that they couldn't find the document number. Has anyone heard it before? I am currently too tensed, just thinking what might have caused this. I can understand that this is definitely some mistake made by CIC.

I will really appreciate if someone can highlight more on this.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
AB172234 said:
Hi Members,

I applied PR Under CEC Class and recently landed in Canada Through Rainbow Bridge. I have been granted permission in the landing process and my Passport has been stamped for entering in Canada.

PROBLEM:

Now after landing i went into Service Canada for Getting the SIN Card. as i was on work permit before so i had to change the SIN to receive a permanent SIN Card. But Service Canada said that they cannot find the Document Number present in my Landing papers in their System. So I had to call CIC office to assess the situation. they said that they are looking into their system to find out what happened. But now i am very curios what might have caused this?

My Wife also landed with me (she was dependent) but she got the new SIN without any issues. Its only for me that they couldn't find the document number. Has anyone heard it before? I am currently too tensed, just thinking what might have caused this. I can understand that this is definitely some mistake made by CIC.

I will really appreciate if someone can highlight more on this.
Well, I guess no one but CIC will be able to tell you why or what happened.
Touch base with CIC every now and then and see what they say.

Keep us posted, that sure is an interesting topic.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Probably a typo, and they will find the correct number soon.

AB172234

Oct 5, 2013
Hopefully a glitch in their system. but unless i get any concrete answer i cannot be sure.

Hopefully now they wont take the passport again for re-doing all the process again, because i am already a landed immigrant now.

AB172234

Oct 5, 2013
iamroth said:
Probably a typo, and they will find the correct number soon.
Probably you are right. but these processes are so complex it may not be that simple. but let wait for CIC to respond.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's possible they haven't entered the information into the system yet or a typo. Keep checking with them until it is rectified. In the meantime, you can continue to work with the SIN you have now.

AB172234 said:
Probably you are right. but these processes are so complex it may not be that simple. but let wait for CIC to respond.

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi AB172234, I also expereinced same issue.

Document number starting with "T" showing invaid records when applied for SIN card. Same issue reported for my entire family. When Called CIC they advised every thing is fine from there end and no issues in PR card process. Anyway on keep calling CIC then have now resubmitted request (they didnt disclouse which type/info) to Canada Services (SIN card office). CIC wanted us to try this again after 72 hours. Also have submitteed amendement form to correct document field in landing papers for safe side (as advised by one of CIC's officer)

Once hear any word on this will update you all

Bye the way did you hear anything on this?
please share/advise