+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you need both study permits and work permits for CPA

jjwanger

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a specific question.
My girlfriend is an international student from China with a bachelor of accounting on a study permit set to graduate in the winter of 2020. After that, she will apply for a work visa as part of the post graduation work program to find employment.
She also wants to start her CPA module 1 after graduation while she is working an accounting job, the question is does she need both a study permit and a work permit or will the work permit just suffice?
I have contacted CPA Alberta, but they are clueless about this and told me to call Immigration Canada Line, which we know does not work. This kind of information should be made public and obvious, but it's somehow impossible to find online. If any of you know anything about this, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

James

pmann

Jun 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a specific question.
My girlfriend is an international student from China with a bachelor of accounting on a study permit set to graduate in the winter of 2020. After that, she will apply for a work visa as part of the post graduation work program to find employment.
She also wants to start her CPA module 1 after graduation while she is working an accounting job, the question is does she need both a study permit and a work permit or will the work permit just suffice?
I have contacted CPA Alberta, but they are clueless about this and told me to call Immigration Canada Line, which we know does not work. This kind of information should be made public and obvious, but it's somehow impossible to find online. If any of you know anything about this, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

James
Hi, Did you find out anything about this ?

Thanks