+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do you need a job for express entry?

required2000

May 28, 2023
I just tried the express entry eligibility tool and it says Im eligible. However, I wrote that I don't have a job offer

If accepted, do I need to eventually get a job offer?

I'm currently a digital nomad. My current company has offices in Canada, so I sort of have a job offer already?

Also, I have no intention of working in an office.

Reactions: asadelahi007

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just tried the express entry eligibility tool and it says Im eligible. However, I wrote that I don't have a job offer

I'm currently a digital nomad. My current company has offices in Canada, so I sort of have a job offer already?

No, you don't need a job offer. You just need to have enough points to be selected out of the pool. So you want around 480 (or more) points.

What you have will not count as a job offer under Express Entry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So you are eligible with 67 points based on your age, language (IELTS), work experience, education (ECA) and funds. You don’t have a job offer. If eligible then what is your CRS score.

required2000

May 28, 2023
No, you don't need a job offer. You just need to have enough points to be selected out of the pool. So you want around 480 (or more) points.

What you have will not count as a job offer under Express Entry.
So then to confirm, if I get accepted I do NOT need a job? (I'm a digital nomad so have a job already, just not necessarily by a Canadian company 9

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So then to confirm, if I get accepted I do NOT need a job? (I'm a digital nomad so have a job already, just not necessarily by a Canadian company 9
You can receive ITA without a job if your CRS score is high enough. What is your eligibiliy score and then CRS score. You need ECA and IELTS to submit a profile. You say NO to job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've already answered this question. I'm not sure how to answer is differently or what's unclear exactly. You don't need to get a job.

What's your score / number of points under the CRS point system? Have you calculated this yet? This is critical to determining if Express Entry is at all viable for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a reason you want PR in Canada if you want to be a digital nomad? Thought the goal was to live on the beach somewhere or travel between countries with low tax rates (as long as you aren’t a US citizen).

asadelahi007

Jun 6, 2023