+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you have a job where you are currently resident?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
hello guys

i have a query for one of my friends. He is currently resident in a foreign country and working online for a third party country. Living in Mexico and working for an American company.

he does not pay taxes since he is working online . So to the above mentioned question, what should he say YES or NO? Online working/freelance working will be considered as normal work like people do in a physical office.

What would be the answer YES or NO?

Thanks

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
any answers to this question to be honest i m not an expert when it comes to assessingwhat online job entails . i need to reply back to my friend

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any answers to this question to be honest i m not an expert when it comes to assessingwhat online job entails . i need to reply back to my friend
Which organisation/individual is asking the question? If a random guy, does it matter he say yes or no?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Which organisation/individual is asking the question? If a random guy, does it matter he say yes or no?
he is not a random guy he is my close friend. He wants to travel with me together for Canada. I would like to visit him in Mexico from Germany then we can travel together from there.

There is also a question.

will you accompany with someone who has been in Canada or someone who has recetly been approved for Canada?

if he chooses yes he says he needs to provide a proof of relationship document.

do you think it is also a good idea to make plans together isntead of applying for visitor visa alone? Your thoughts. Nothing is finalised we are working on this aspect. does it make his application better? he is single, permanent resident of mexico, will get mexican passport in a year, the thing is, mexican passport holders no longer get visa free travel opportunity to Canada. Now he must apply for the visitir visa.

my Canadian visitor visa has been approved so im thinking if we can make plans together then i can provide my information with him as a proof.

we are very close friends from school days he moved to Mexico and i moved to Germany.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he is not a random guy he is my close friend. He wants to travel with me together for Canada. I would like to visit him in Mexico from Germany then we can travel together from there.

will you accompany with someone who has been in Canada or someone who has recetly been approved for Canada?

do you think it is also a good idea to make plans together isntead of applying for visitor visa alone? Your thoughts. Nothing is finalised we are working on this aspect. does it make his application better? he is single, permanent resident of mexico, will get mexican passport in a year, the thing is, mexican passport holders no longer get visa free travel opportunity to Canada. Now he must apply for the visitir visa.

my Canadian visitor visa has been approved so im thinking if we can make plans together then i can provide my information with him as a proof.

we are very close friends from school days he moved to Mexico and i moved to Germany.
So basically your close friend is asking the questions to himself and you? Btw, why is he asking and why he needs the proof - to provide the proof for himself?

Last edited:

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024

The answer should be yes, I think because he has a job. What is his nationality and does he have valid US visa? Is he a frequent traveler to other countries? But permanent resident is good as it shows strong ties to Mexico

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
hello guys

i have a query for one of my friends. He is currently resident in a foreign country and working online for a third party country. Living in Mexico and working for an American company.

he does not pay taxes since he is working online . So to the above mentioned question, what should he say YES or NO? Online working/freelance working will be considered as normal work like people do in a physical office.

What would be the answer YES or NO?

Thanks
If your friend is authorized to work NEITHER in the US NOR In Mexico; and if your friend is paying taxes NEITHER in the US NOR in Mexico, then this work is illegal and a violation of his current residence permit in Mexico. Please do not write it down anywhere for a visa/immigration application.

If he is paying taxes in the US and is exempted by a bilateral tax treaty, then yes, this shall be counted.