+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I still have a chance?

eggroup

May 7, 2010
Hi everyone,
That would be a long thread, so bear with me please, and hear my story, and advice me if possible. Thanks.

I have been a PR since June-2010, Quebec self-employed category, me, my wife (now I am divorced) and 5 children (now only 3, the others reached 22-years), I remained for 10 days, finished my papers, Got SIN, and went back to Egypt my home land to sell a property I had and bring the money to Canada to start my new life.

Egyptian Revolution began early 2011, and things deteriorated very quickly since then, I failed to liquidate my property and since I was in the business class category, I expected NO help from the government in Canada, so I couldn't come back ever since, and to add more to the story, even if I would liquidate my property, I wouldn't be able to transfer the money outside Egypt at that time, as transfer of hard currency was banned by the government especially large amounts (I would transfer 1 million CAN$).

I tried to contact authorities in Canada explaining my whole situation then, but no body answered my letters.

My PR card expired while I was in Egypt, about 2 years ago.

Now I can bring cash to Canada as things become better.

Now, the questions:

1. Do I have a chance to renew my PR for me and the family?
2. If not, as a former Quebec PR, can I open a new file for Federal immigration, (53 years old)?

Thanks for your help.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No, the only technical chance would be somehow sneak into Canada with your expired PR card and not being reported (which you can do only when crossing US borders). And then to stay full 2 years (or 3, check the requirements for renewal) before even asking to renew it. All that is hard, because you would be cut of most of things (anything where valid PR is required).
2. Highly unlikely. It is your age that might disqualify you completely (in order to enter EE, you also need to get 67 points, and with your age you will loose 12 on the spot).

Where there might be hope is for children. Especially those that are 20 or less years old. They can try to claim for human and compassion reasons as they were taken out of Canada as minors (it was not their decision).
And of course those older ones can try it on their own and later have luck to sponsor you (of course if they want to).