+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to Notarize all the xerox copies for PR under Canidian Exp Class ???

pa1

May 24, 2010
Hi,

Do I need to Notarize all the xerox copies for PR under Canidian Exp Class or only the "Translated Copy if not in English or French" ?

Please advice...Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Re: Do I need to Notarize all the xerox copies for PR under Canidian Exp Class ?

Hi pa1,

Was hoping someone like PMM would provide an authoritative response.

Last year, the instructions said that all photocopies had to be certified copies. Recent changes in the application guides for CEC and the FSW-Buffalo office specific guides appear to have removed that requirement, at least for applications processed at Buffalo.

I have two guesses why that might be (only guesses) - First, changes in US State laws make it difficult to obtain a "certified copy" that meets the standard described by CIC. Second, CIC-Buffalo will verify the authenticity of all documents anyway in the background check.

Now it looks only translated documents are required to be certified copies.

But most of us here put together our documents before the apparent rule change (early this year), so our documents were certified copies. Some will say to get them certified anyway. Some say it is unnecessary (including me).

But it would sure be nice if someone could verify that CIC-Buffalo no longer requires photocopies to be certified.