+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for my open work permit?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I just want to ask.. how will you know if your visa is OPEN WORK PERMIT and CLOSE WORK PERMIT? because my partner didn't know if she need an OEC in POEA. Pls. help. thanks
Open work permit is that the permit does not mention any employer or place you are allowed to work.
Closed work permit is when you had gone through LMIA process, the permit mentions any specified employer and region to work for specified time.

MLG

Dec 11, 2023
I already received my passport and my work visa. I am currently on an open work permit with a specific occupation being a nanny, Do I need to get an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for my clearance at the airport. What do I need to present at the airport for my clearance?

What is the difference between an OPEN WORK PERMIT WITH a SPECIFIC OCCUPATION AND a CLOSED WORK PERMIT?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

MLG

Dec 11, 2023
I already received my passport and my work visa. I am currently on an open work permit with a specific occupation being a nanny, Do I need to get an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for my clearance at the airport. What do I need to present at the airport for my clearance?

What is the difference between an OPEN WORK PERMIT WITH a SPECIFIC OCCUPATION AND a CLOSED WORK PERMIT?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Jellytan

Apr 3, 2024
Have a good day.I am in a closed work permit planning to go home on July 2024 when can I apply OEC and please can you help me how?thank you
i have the same question, i am also in a closed work permit and planning to go home on August.

Jellytan

Apr 3, 2024
It is only necessary when you are on a closed or bonded work permit. In your case, you just need your sponsorship documents and passport and you should be good to go.
Hi Fletcher, thank you, one more sponsorship documents like, is it a job offer or contract and work permit?