+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a new LMO

Hamchops

Mar 3, 2012
I recently received my WP but before traveling to Canada my employer terminated my contract.
Can I seek new employment in the same field of work with the exsisting work permit?
How do I know if my work permit is open or closed?
Can I take up a new job offer with exsisting work permit and LMO that was done by a different employer?
If company "A" assist you in getting your WP bydoing the LMO and then they (company "A") rejects you, can you seek a new job in the same field of work for which the LMO was done and continue to work?
Is there any recourse for TFW who have been rejected by there employer before they start working?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your work permit is almost surely a closed work permit that is tied to your original employer (what does the actual work permit say?). Once you find a new employer, that employer will have to obtain a new LMO and then you will have to apply for a new work permit tied to your new employer.

You cannot work until you have a new LMO and a new work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need new LMO from the new employer who's interested in hiring you and you need a WP under this employer's name before you can start working for them. And if you are outside Canada, the prospective employer must show recruitment efforts (ad on the national job bank for at least 14 days)

Hamchops said:
I recently received my WP but before traveling to Canada my employer terminated my contract.
Can I seek new employment in the same field of work with the exsisting work permit?
How do I know if my work permit is open or closed?
Can I take up a new job offer with exsisting work permit and LMO that was done by a different employer?
If company "A" assist you in getting your WP bydoing the LMO and then they (company "A") rejects you, can you seek a new job in the same field of work for which the LMO was done and continue to work?
Is there any recourse for TFW who have been rejected by there employer before they start working?