+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a new LMO?

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
I'm a temporary worker here in Manitoba and my work permit will expire April this year. I have already applied for an extension for work permit. Do I still need a newLMO? My employer didn't mention anything about it. Who needs a new LMO? Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
babypooh said:
I'm a temporary worker here in Manitoba and my work permit will expire April this year. I have already applied for an extension for work permit. Do I still need a newLMO? My employer didn't mention anything about it. Who needs a new LMO? Thanks
Depends on the type of job that you do. Special categories of IT workers do not need LMO, so if your job type is one of these (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp) then you don't need LMO.

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
I have an LMO when I went here because that is required. I'm a registered nurse here in Manitoba. I have applied for an extension on my own and the HRD from the hospital didn't follow up on us that we need an LMO or not. Just want to know that what I'm doing is right. thanks for the reply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

babypooh said:
I have an LMO when I went here because that is required. I'm a registered nurse here in Manitoba. I have applied for an extension on my own and the HRD from the hospital didn't follow up on us that we need an LMO or not. Just want to know that what I'm doing is right. thanks for the reply.
Your employer must apply for a new LMO/Extension, you can't.

PMM

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
oh my, they never even bother to ask about it.I'll ask the HRD tomorrow regarding their plan. My work permit will expire on April and have applied for an extension. Will there be any problems?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Unless you happen to be from the US or Mexico, could be some problems, yes - at the very least some stress-induced grey hair. Your current renewal application will be rejected because you don't have an LMO, and it could take a while for the hospital to get a new LMO. You need that to re-apply before the expiration of your current work permit ...

babypooh

Jan 26, 2010
They said that they are following up regarding the LMO because the immigration is asking them. I guess I just have to wait for my new work permit. Thanks for all who replied. :)