+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to Re-do Upfront Medical Exam if I switch from FSW to CEC

moko369

Aug 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

I received ITA in August, at the time I was invited to apply under the FSW. During reviewing my application I realized that even though I have a full-time, non seasonal job offer (non-LMIA) and have been working in Canada after graduation for full-time 2 years, it is still inaccurate to say "Yes" to the question "do you have a valid job offer", if we have to follow word by word of the definition of "valid job offer" from cic website. Therefore I decided to decline the invitation and went back to correct my profile.

After receiving the ITA I did an upfront medical exam. During the exam the doctor asked me if I'm applying for PR, under EE. I said yes. Then she went on a asked whether I'm applying under FSW or CEC, and I said yes to FSW. Now, my question is, do I have to re-do my medical exam telling the doctor that I'll be applying under CEC instead of FSW?

To me, as long as the medical exam is for the purpose of PR Express Entry there shouldn't be any differences between CEC and FSW's medical exam requirements. Anybody has experienced the same issue or has any thoughts? Please share.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to redo the medicals - you can use the same for your next application. Medicals are valid for 1 year.