+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I get health benefit from day 1 ? (Toronto Landing)

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Health card can be applied at service Ontario in person. They will provide OHIP number same day and card will come after a month. 3 month waiting is waived off. if you have any questions service Ontario customer care number is 4163261234

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently the 3 month waiting period is waived. That may change as covid gets more under control. Covid coverage will likely stay. Would add the OHIP has been waived but the majority of surgery, procedures, tests and many appointments have also been cancelled during covid.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Health card can be applied at service Ontario in person. They will provide OHIP number same day and card will come after a month. 3 month waiting is waived off. if you have any questions service Ontario customer care number is 4163261234
Currently the 3 month waiting period is waived. That may change as covid gets more under control. Covid coverage will likely stay. Would add the OHIP has been waived but the majority of surgery, procedures, tests and many appointments have also been cancelled during covid.
Hi Friends, I also plan to land very soon in Toronto. Since I'll be quarantined for 2 weeks in an Airbnb, I need to know what to do about health insurance, because I've seen here that people say the were asked at the border about how they plan to be able to manage a medical emergency without a health card (or however it is called in Canada)?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Friends, I also plan to land very soon in Toronto. Since I'll be quarantined for 2 weeks in an Airbnb, I need to know what to do about health insurance, because I've seen here that people say the were asked at the border about how they plan to be able to manage a medical emergency without a health card (or however it is called in Canada)?
As above there is a temporary waiver on the the 3 month waiting period see here

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card#section-2

Personally if were me I would still look for insurance to cover emergencies for the first few weeks just in case any issues in getting OHIP started., your decision

Reactions: Jorela

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Thank you for your reply.

Can you please suggest me some or any? All the ones I try to purchase require a Canadian address or the Doctor's details, but I have no doctor in Canada??

I'd be so grateful if anyone who has purchased some private insurance can tell me how he/she did it.