+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do experiences in the NOC A category obtained via IEC visa count towards EE ?

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys,

So I've read alot of information on here about EE and I understand most of the rules involved and how LMIA is the only way to get that extra 600 points to pretty much guarantee ITA.

But I wanted to ask you guys about the points we get for work experiences in the NOC 0, A category obtained without LMIA ( specifically with the IEC visa, I'm from New Zealand).
It doesn't say anywhere in the CIC website that IEC experience won't count, but I read a post on here a while ago about the guy who received a reply from CIC stating that the only non-LMIA work experience that will get points is one that was obtained using Post-Grad Work Permit (PGWP).
Is this true ??

The New Zealand IEC will be extended to 2 years next year and there's a good chance (fingers crossed) that existing applicants will get an additional 2 years of participation, so it'll be pretty awesome if I can get more than 1 year of NOC A experience that will be counted towards EE eligibility. Otherwise it would be a waste of experience (albeit a lifetime experience but still.....)

I hope someone here can shed a light on this for me :)

Thank you.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IEC work experience counts toward the 12 months of Canadian work experience needed for the CEC. For the purposes of meeting CEC requirements, IEC experience is just as good as PGWP experience or NAFTA experience or LMIA-based experience.

For the purposes of Express Entry, you wouldn't get the 600 points for a valid job offer unless your employer obtains an LMIA or unless you obtain a provincial nomination.

But you could very well be a successful Express Entry candidate even without either of the above, given your language proficiency, education, Cdn work experience, etc.

Elaish

Oct 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas everyone..

Unfortunately, I did a silly mistake while preparing my file, I did send my file and it was received by CIC on 31st of October 2014, today I received back my returned file with letter stating that I didn't complete ((Schedule A: Background Declaration/Schedule)) for my spouse.. :(
I was far from CIC website, and I just noticed the EE program..

Please need your advice concerning my case, here's my profile:

Married with one chile (1 year)
Me: CLB 8 , my wife CLB 7
Bachelor degree (ECA Report is ready)
8 years of experience, current occupation NOC: 0121 (What I applied before)

All the translations for the all the civilian documents are ready of course..

What do you think.. I'm really confused

Thanks a lot..