+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DNA request/Incorrect Information on correspondence

teareck

Apr 27, 2022
Hi,
I am hoping someone can assist me with this. I applied for proof of citizenship almost 2 years ago. 2 months ago after several follow-ups and web form inquiries and a complaint after the processing time had passed, I received a document letting me know they would not accept the proof of parentage I sent in.

We have carefully reviewed the application and the documentation submitted and, unfortunately,
we are unable to accept the documentary evidence you provided to establish parentage
between you and _____________.

Naturally, I was very upset because 1. I sent in a letter and a birth certificate. As I was going to proceed with the DNA test, I looked more closely and the UCI and Application number were both incorrect. I called several times and again sent a web form but since then, nothing has been done. The paper stated 60 days and even that has passed. I also requested GCMS notes and that has been over 2 months as well.

My parent and I live in 2 different countries and there is no way that I am going to waste money like that with a form having incorrect information. Has anyone had anything similar to this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am hoping someone can assist me with this. I applied for proof of citizenship almost 2 years ago. 2 months ago after several follow-ups and web form inquiries and a complaint after the processing time had passed, I received a document letting me know they would not accept the proof of parentage I sent in.

We have carefully reviewed the application and the documentation submitted and, unfortunately,
we are unable to accept the documentary evidence you provided to establish parentage
between you and _____________.

Naturally, I was very upset because 1. I sent in a letter and a birth certificate. As I was going to proceed with the DNA test, I looked more closely and the UCI and Application number were both incorrect. I called several times and again sent a web form but since then, nothing has been done. The paper stated 60 days and even that has passed. I also requested GCMS notes and that has been over 2 months as well.

My parent and I live in 2 different countries and there is no way that I am going to waste money like that with a form having incorrect information. Has anyone had anything similar to this?
Try posting in the Citizenship vs. General section of the forum.

teareck

Apr 27, 2022
Try posting in the Citizenship vs. General section of the forum.
Thank you. I thought about that but because my main concern here is the dna request and incorrect information listed on the letter, I thought it was more general.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. I thought about that but because my main concern here is the dna request and incorrect information listed on the letter, I thought it was more general.
You can leave your question here too of course. This section of the forum gets less traffic.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Does anyone help me with DNA sample collection and how they take the sample and identity documents we need to do biometrics during the sample collection or no?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Does anyone help me with DNA sample collection and how they take the sample and identity documents we need to do biometrics during the sample collection or no?
I tho I replied already.

BUT regardless, DO NOT try to trick the system. It's a serious crime (e.g. trying to send someone else to provide the DNA sample)....
Not saying that you will do that but ... just saying what not to do.