+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DL Extract with name change

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have moved to Ontario a month back and now planning to apply for the license. A friend of mine told me that if I order DL Extract from India, it wold be easier and I could directly get G license.

Problem:

The name on the driving license and on passport is different.
Example:
Name on Licence: Patel RaviKumar Pavan
Name on the Passport:
First Name: Patel
Given Name: Ravi Pavan
The problem is my name contains kumar in license.

Has anyone face such issue, if so could you let me know the solution. I am thinking this, not sure if might work.

1. Name change certificate with affidavit. and DL Extract
2. Could I convince the RTO to put alternate name in DL extract.

sanith

Aug 31, 2014
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/07/2015
Doc's Request.
28/07/2016
Nomination.....
16/08/2016
AOR Received.
08/09/2016
IELTS Request
19/05/2016
Med's Request
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
27/9/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2017
LANDED..........
31/07/2017
Hi Guys,

I have moved to Ontario a month back and now planning to apply for the license. A friend of mine told me that if I order DL Extract from India, it wold be easier and I could directly get G license.

Problem:

The name on the driving license and on passport is different.
Example:
Name on Licence: Patel RaviKumar Pavan
Name on the Passport:
First Name: Patel
Given Name: Ravi Pavan
The problem is my name contains kumar in license.

Has anyone face such issue, if so could you let me know the solution. I am thinking this, not sure if might work.

1. Name change certificate with affidavit. and DL Extract
2. Could I convince the RTO to put alternate name in DL extract.
I have the same problem. My name on Licence says as :Sanith Ravindran (which is my given name in passport as well) But it doesn't have my last name.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Dear Seniors,

I too am in a similar situation i.e.

My name in Indian Driving License is say ::: Jane Maria
But my passport and COPR contains say ::: Jane Maria Lawson......i.e Surname is also there in Canadian docs but not in Indian Driving License.

So does it work if I take a same name affidavit mentioning that :Jane Maria and Jane Maria Lawson ,both are my names only?

Regards
JSPCAN

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Any update guys? Did you all manage to use DL extract in Canada?
It varies, some people have been denied. It would be advisable to get an affidavit. Be prepared to give an oral explanation at the test center. There is a lot of room for interpretation which often works to your disadvantage

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
It varies, some people have been denied. It would be advisable to get an affidavit. Be prepared to give an oral explanation at the test center. There is a lot of room for interpretation which often works to your disadvantage
If they do agree, they would likely put the name that is currently used in your passport and or pr document

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Should an affidavit be notarized?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Should an affidavit be notarized?
There are NO clear guidelines from MTO on this. Your best bet would be to change your license to match your current particulars. Some threads in past have suggested mixed luck with different names in do and passport. It does seem like it boils down to convincing the officer at center you visit. Hence any document you can get in that regard will help.