+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce

saragamra

Jun 5, 2022
Please I am currently married but previously divorced, in the federal stage I must mention that this is my 2nd marriage and there was a divorce or not?No kids. the previous marriage has been in another country 5 years ago and I don’t have the certificate of divorce. I have to request it

Last edited:

saragamra

Jun 5, 2022
Not sure what program you are applying for. or just what you mean by "in the federal stage I must mention...". But, if the IRCC form you are completing asks if you have been married before, then you must disclose that fact and provide the form of proof requested. Yes, sometimes it can be a pain to come up with the proof.
The programme is express entry, and after having the nomination from the province, federal assessment is the next stage,
I have not yet filled out the federal form and I am asking for the people who have already done it, is there this question?

saragamra

Jun 5, 2022
The programme is express entry, and after having the nomination from the province, federal assessment is the next stage,
I have not yet filled out the federal form and I am asking for the people who have already done it, is there this question?
@canasha and @legalfalcon pls I need your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please I am currently married but previously divorced, in the federal stage I must mention that this is my 2nd marriage and there was a divorce or not?No kids. the previous marriage has been in another country 5 years ago and I don’t have the certificate of divorce. I have to request it
Yes, you need to mention it. Failing to do so could put you in refusal and misrepresentation territory. You need to be 100% honest and complete about your personal history and details.

Reactions: YVR123

MehdiPL

Mar 4, 2020
@legalfalcon I have a query please that is confusing me, my application is approved and I have already landed in Canada.
I have applied under Express Entry with my partner and have done a soft landing back in August. Now we have divorced after 3 months.
Is there anything to inform IRCC about or any risk because of the divorce ?
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a query please that is confusing me, my application is approved and I have already landed in Canada.
I have applied under Express Entry with my partner and have done a soft landing back in August. Now we have divorced after 3 months.
Thank you
Once your application is approved and you have landed in Canada, nad admitted as a PR, there is nothing to inform IRCC for the change in family composition as a result of divorce.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you
Did your ex spouse land as well? Any subsequent spousal sponsorships will be looked at with scrutiny because you got divorce so soon after landing. Some spouses are already planning on getting divorced but land because they want the other spouse to live in Canada. If you were already separated or knew you were going to get divorced your ex shouldn’t have been included on your application or moved to non-accompanying before you got divorce document.