+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce/ Marry

orquidea

Jan 6, 2012
I have recently gotten PR from canada embassy for me and my family... planning 2 do landing soon with husband and stay for a couple of week. I will be returning home 2 finish packings and come back in less than 60 days to Canada with my kid::: the issue is that I am planning in getting divorce after a 13 years of marriage , I know that I cannot do so before doing the landing as not 2 affect him. So my question is : How soon can I get divorced after landing?... Can I file divorce in my home country, after landing in Canada even if my kids have not landed yet?
Also , I am planning in getting married...how long should I wait 2 get married after divorce?
PR process took over 3 years and during this time husband cheated on me , so feelings toward him changed, nevertheless I dont want 2 affect him in his PR been me principal applicant. 6 month ago I got into a relationship and now we want 2 marry.
Please advice.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants need to inform CIC of material changes.

You appear to contemplating misrepresentation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can divorce as soon as you want after landing but if you want to move to Canada with your PR, you should keep in mind that if you divorce and re-marry very soon after landing and then try to sponsor your new husband for PR, it will at the very least look very bad to immigration and at worst, they could possibly revoke your PR if they feel you already had plans to divorce and re-marry at the time you landed with your husband.

kasha

Jan 6, 2012
interview in ankara turkey!!!!!!!

hello everyone,
i just searched and found this website and saw some of the writings here.. my husband needs to go for an interview soon i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and if anyone has gone for the interview?,, my husband lives in iran and he doesnt speak good english and he needs an english persian interperter i was woundering if the embassy provides that or if anyone knows how that works? the letter i got it says no family member and or immigration consultant are allowed to translate, i am not from turkey and i know noone from there, anyhelp from anyone is greatly appretiated...please please help i have been waiting for the last 2 years for this day to come,,,,please please help!!!!