+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIVORCE HELP PLEASE

harsh82

May 12, 2016
Hi Guys,
I need your help. I have been married for 5 years. Was married in India. we did registered our marriage and then got married and within year we moved to Canada. I live in Vancouver since I arrived. But things are not working out as I thought( as there is too much involvement of her mom and dad in our relationship) . Tried to reconcile with my wife but. I want to live in peace now and be happy . I was PA and she was my dependent when we applied for our PR. We will be applying for our citizenship soon. Now, I cant take it anymore (taking since last 3 years) and I plan to divorce her. we have no kids, No property yet( luckily).We both have full time jobs and earning and supporting is not an issue at all. I have no grudge against her or her family, but its just I want to free myself from this relationship, I wish her all the best in her life.

-My question is can I get divorce in Canada (Vancouver) without going to India even though I was married in India???? (I hate the way Indian system works)
-Will it affect our PR/Citizenship status?
- Can we apply for our citizenship individually like separately on our own?

Anyone from Canada with good advice and suggestion, please respond. highly appreciate your help. Hope you guys understand what I am going through.
Thanks for Reading.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
harsh82 said:
Hi Guys,
I need your help. I have been married for 5 years. Was married in India. we did registered our marriage and then got married and within year we moved to Canada. I live in Vancouver since I arrived. But things are not working out as I thought( as there is too much involvement of her mom and dad in our relationship) . Tried to reconcile with my wife but. I want to live in peace now and be happy . I was PA and she was my dependent when we applied for our PR. We will be applying for our citizenship soon. Now, I cant take it anymore (taking since last 3 years) and I plan to divorce her. we have no kids, No property yet( luckily).We both have full time jobs and earning and supporting is not an issue at all. I have no grudge against her or her family, but its just I want to free myself from this relationship, I wish her all the best in her life.

-My question is can I get divorce in Canada (Vancouver) without going to India even though I was married in India???? (I hate the way Indian system works)

Anyone from Canada with good advice and suggestion, please respond. highly appreciate your help. Hope you guys understand what I am going through.
Thanks for Reading.

For Question #1, please read these links...
http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/divorce-separation-annulment/48674-married-india-divorced-canada.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-remarrying-after-foreign-divorce-not-bigamy-sc-1312142

For question #2, if none of you has a conditional permanent residence, it should not affect your PR status. I'm assuming that it's a GENUINE marriage. If one of you has a conditional permanent residence, you probably need to consult with a lawyer.

If you pass question #2, no problem with citizenship later on (question #3)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
harsh82 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for Reading.

1: Yes.
2: No
3: Yes

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arambi said:
For Question #1, please read these links...
http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/divorce-separation-annulment/48674-married-india-divorced-canada.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-remarrying-after-foreign-divorce-not-bigamy-sc-1312142

For question #2, if none of you has a conditional permanent residence, it should not affect your PR status. I'm assuming that it's a GENUINE marriage. If one of you has a conditional permanent residence, you probably need to consult with a lawyer.

If you pass question #2, no problem with citizenship later on (question #3)
Notice this

harsh82 said:
Now, I cant take it anymore (taking since last 3 years) and I plan to divorce her
OP has been in Canada at least 3 years since being PR. So no conditional clause apply.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Everyone,

Does both parties need to be in Canada to do the divorce procedure?

Thank you