+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce and money

Hammish38

Dec 31, 2019
Hi here. Briefly. I'm married in Canada almost 4 years. Did pay mortgage and helped to build deck shades and different things around the house. House belongs to my wife she is Canadian. My name is also on the house writen.
I just want to know if it's okay to ask the money I paid for mortgage and at least materials I used. I don't need anything more but I also can't agree with leave with nothing. My wife is still my sponsor for next year. But I don't want to

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi here. Briefly. I'm married in Canada almost 4 years. Did pay mortgage and helped to build deck shades and different things around the house. House belongs to my wife she is Canadian. My name is also on the house writen.
I just want to know if it's okay to ask the money I paid for mortgage and at least materials I used. I don't need anything more but I also can't agree with leave with nothing. My wife is still my sponsor for next year. But I don't want to
Best option is to speak with a family lawyer. This isn't an immigration matter.

Hammish38

Dec 31, 2019
Best option is to speak with a family lawyer. This isn't an immigration matter.
I understand...another question and this time right one.
My wife told me she wants to stop me from coming to Calgary as I'm now in Europe. She is using language like " I'm scared of you " etc. Question is. I'm 2 years PR and I'm in the house with my wife. Now she doesn't want to let me in . Is that possible and what is really possible to do.
Thanks for

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife told me she wants to stop me from coming to Calgary as I'm now in Europe. She is using language like " I'm scared of you " etc. Question is. I'm 2 years PR and I'm in the house with my wife. Now she doesn't want to let me in . Is that possible and what is really possible to do.
Thanks for
No - that's not possible. She cannot stop you from entering Canada.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for
You're already a PR so she cannot stop you entering the country. However, after that it is no longer immigration but family law that applies. Your immigration status is safe and you can certainly come back to Canada and live here as long as you like. But for the issue with your wife, you need to talk to a lawyer that specializes in divorce matters.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you compliant with your residency obligation? You could get reported if you do although you will be let into Canada this visit.

You will need to reach a financial settlement. Things like paying part of the mortgage will not be 100% reimbursed because you would have had to pay to live somewhere no matter what. It is very dependent on someone’s situation. This is a family law and not an immigration issue.

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,
I am From Turkey. I have trouble calculating my family size. If you please help me about that i will be very glad. Firstly i married with a woman and we have 3 children all younger than 19. We divorced and court decided children would stay with their mom. I am paying alimony every month for my 3 children. I got marry with another woman and i have one child 5 years old. I have 4 children, 3 are from previous wife and one is from current wife. My wife, my 5 year old boy and I live in a house together as a family. . My 3 children from previous wife have never lived with me for last 5 years. My wife wants to apply for Federal Skilled Immigration program but we couldnt calculate family size. Should we count 3 person or should we include my 3 children who live with their mon at another house? Can you please inform me about that to prevent mistake application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am From Turkey. I have trouble calculating my family size. If you please help me about that i will be very glad. Firstly i married with a woman and we have 3 children all younger than 19. We divorced and court decided children would stay with their mom. I am paying alimony every month for my 3 children. I got marry with another woman and i have one child 5 years old. I have 4 children, 3 are from previous wife and one is from current wife. My wife, my 5 year old boy and I live in a house together as a family. . My 3 children from previous wife have never lived with me for last 5 years. My wife wants to apply for Federal Skilled Immigration program but we couldnt calculate family size. Should we count 3 person or should we include my 3 children who live with their mon at another house? Can you please inform me about that to prevent mistake application.
Your family size must include the three children from your first wife. While they do not live with you, they are classified as your dependents for immigration purposes and must be included in the income calculation. So 6 people total.

Jan 6, 2020
Your family size must include the three children from your first wife. While they do not live with you, they are classified as your dependents for immigration purposes and must be included in the income calculation. So 6 people total.
Thank you very much for your respond

Jan 6, 2020
Well if my children and their mom doesnt accept to complete any medical exam, so if i show clear this situation and if ICC decide to exclude my 3 children, then still i need to have required funds for 6 people or just 3 people?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well if my children and their mom doesnt accept to complete any medical exam, so if i show clear this situation and if ICC decide to exclude my 3 children, then still i need to have required funds for 6 people or just 3 people?
For ITA you still need proof of funds for 6 people. It's possible that further down the road you may be able to exclude them from your application. However you won't be able to do this from the start and will need POF for six people to be selected and also for your application to pass preliminary checks without being refused for failing to meet requirements.