+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce after PR

Maria K A

Feb 10, 2020
I applied through express entry to Canada alone with my kids as dependents. Iam legally separated and moved to Canada as a PR. I want to Know that now if I divorce my husband will he be entitled to a share in my property I bought in Canada and my savings? I have full custody of kids. My husband moved to Canada after a year independently.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Agree with @k.h.p. - this has nothing to do with immigration, it's purely a family law matter. Talk to a lawyer who specializes in divorce cases.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied through express entry to Canada alone with my kids as dependents. Iam legally separated and moved to Canada as a PR. I want to Know that now if I divorce my husband will he be entitled to a share in my property I bought in Canada and my savings? I have full custody of kids. My husband moved to Canada after a year independently.
Were you separated when you applied? If so, you should haveremived your husband from the application. The fact that he moved independently from you 1 year later seems to confirm that you were separated before arriving.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Were you separated when you applied? If so, you should haveremived your husband from the application. The fact that he moved independently from you 1 year later seems to confirm that you were separated before arriving.
She said she applied alone, so non-issue.

Reactions: Maria K A